Begin at 9:00am
- To Wifi: Cardinal1 Password: lutheranwhite
- FLS_Admin Password: 11101483MLbd1521
- How to get to today’s agenda: tec21connect.com -> Workshops -> Ponca City -> September
- If you can read this, you’re already there.
- To each other – Grab a breakfast item! Meet your fellow TEC21 participants!
- Shortly we will do our Three Truths and a Lie game you all filled out!
Announcements & Goals
1. Restrooms? Water fountain?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
- Workshop Day Timeline
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM Connecting with Teachers
- Connecting with Wi-Fi & each other
- Ice Breaker with group (in September)
- Review–What have you done this past month?
- What new/reoccurring problems/needs are you seeing for yourself this year?
- 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Little or No Prep Tools/Resources
- Digital Citizenship Integration
- 9:00 AM – 9:30 AM Connecting with Teachers
- 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- LUNCH (group decision)
- 12:30 PM – 2:00 PM
- Look at resources
- Go deeper into understanding (peer-to-peer coaching)
- One-on-one with teachers
- Involve and help time (Guide by the Side)
- Get networked, get social, be active
- Complete the REFLECTION at 1:50 PM
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
- Program-specific– it’s what we as Facilitators deem as core components across the board.
- Center-specific– it’s what the Facilitator deems as practical and relevant to their teachers based on their needs and wants.
- In the TEC21 Workshop Program, how are short- and long-term goals defined?
- SHORT-TERM – Some sort of technology integrating lesson or activity you want to do with your students THIS MONTH.
- LONG-TERM – A major change in the way you teach or manage your classroom. “I want to do less of THAT and more of THIS.” It could include a blog, a wiki, a web site used for flipping your classroom, going paperless with Google Docs, using digital portfolios for student work, integrating project based learning using a specific tool or tools – there are many possibilities. Think of something you’ve seen or heard about that makes you “spark” and think, “Yeah! I want to do more of THAT!”
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University, Nebraska offers college credit opportunities (optional). The TEC21 Workshop Program fulfills the requirements for any of the following three options:
- Option 1 – M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- Option 2 – M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with Instructional Technology Leadership
- Option 3 – Instructional Technology Leadership Endorsement (Check with your respective state’s Board of Education to see whether they acknowledge this endorsement.)
- Option 4 – Non-degree completion option for those teachers seeking to use college credits to meet state re-certification requirements.
- $80/credit hour
- 3 graduate level credits
- Application fee waived for non-degree option
TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, register online between December 1, 2017 – January 31, 2018.
Your workshop facilitator will use the following rubric to assign a letter at the end of the program: TEC21 Grading Rubric.
6. Upcoming events:
- The next workshop date is scheduled for (day of the week), (date).
- Facilitators, please add any other local, regional or national events (i.e. local pd opportunities such as EdCamps, district fall conferences, LEA Convocation, etc. – all of which provide great opportunities for TEC21 teachers to connect outside of the workshops).
- #LuthEd Twitter chats take place on Monday evenings from 8:00-9:00CST throughout the school year.
Workshop #1 Goals
We look forward in this workshop to begin getting to know each other and taking a high-level look at the ministry of TEC21.
1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Connect to TEC21’s online Google+ community and begin to grow your professional learning network (PLN).
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
The TEC21 Vision & Mission
What are some ways TEC21 facilitators and teachers connect online to further build and strengthen their professional learning network?
[vc_social_links size=”normal” email=”” facebook=”” twitter=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/tec21lcms” google=”” linkedin=”” youtube=”” flickr=”” instagram=”” deviantart=”” foursquare=”” github=”” behance=”” xing=”” pinterest=”” skype=”” tumblr=”” dribbble=”” vk=”” rss=””]
[vc_social_links size=”normal” email=”” facebook=”” twitter=”” google=”https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/100521169566099954919″ linkedin=”” youtube=”” flickr=”” instagram=”” deviantart=”” foursquare=”” github=”” behance=”” xing=”” pinterest=”” skype=”” tumblr=”” dribbble=”” vk=”” rss=””]
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1” to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you in-between the workshops!)
[vc_social_links size=”normal” email=”” facebook=”https://www.facebook.com/TEC21-179114255522134/” twitter=”” google=”” linkedin=”” youtube=”” flickr=”” instagram=”” deviantart=”” foursquare=”” github=”” behance=”” xing=”” pinterest=”” skype=”” tumblr=”” dribbble=”” vk=”” rss=””]
Facebook: Please “Like” the TEC21 Facebook Page to help us reach our goal of 1,000 likes!
[vc_social_links size=”normal” email=”” facebook=”” twitter=”” google=”” linkedin=”” youtube=”” flickr=”” instagram=”” deviantart=”” foursquare=”” github=”” behance=”” xing=”” pinterest=”https://www.pinterest.com/bwdieckhoff/tec21/” skype=”” tumblr=”” dribbble=”” vk=”” rss=””]
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know.
[vc_social_links size=”normal” email=”” facebook=”” twitter=”” google=”” linkedin=”” youtube=”” flickr=”” instagram=”https://www.instagram.com/tec_21/?hl=en” deviantart=”” foursquare=”” github=”” behance=”” xing=”” pinterest=”” skype=”” tumblr=”” dribbble=”” vk=”” rss=””]
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
Google in Education
1. Intro to the basics:
- Create your own profile – be sure to upload a picture so people can put a face with your name. Also, set your notifications so you see when people share resources or ask questions looking to receive help with something 🙂
- Create a circle & add a friend.
- Google+ Cheat Sheet – http://www.educatorstechnology.com/2014/07/excellent-google-plus-cheat-sheet-for.html
- Good basic information – http://www.edutopia.org/blog/teaching-with-google-plus-terry-heick
2. Introduction to existing Google+ communities:
- A peek into the TEC21 Facilitators Community – a closed working space for our team of workshop facilitators–a powerful behind-the-scenes tool!
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
- Check your email and accept the invitation to join this awesome group of teachers.
- Share a favorite website or app by making a post (Don’t forget to share the link!)
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
5. Classroom applications:
- Connected Classroom (Google+ w/Hangouts) https://connectedclassrooms.withgoogle.com/
Make it, take it – Let’s create a Google Form!
- Give it a title.
- Build your form by adding different question types.
- You might search a YouTube video, grab the url and insert video into the the form.
- Spruce up the form by changing the default theme using one of Google’s featured theme’s or select customize to change font and color scheme and to insert an image for the background and/or header.
Google Suite Apps & Chrome Extensions
All the tools available to you via Google, if you can think it or need it, Google has it (That may be an exaggeration).
Docs, email, calendar, drive, etc.
A web browser built around you and your needs. Your settings are waiting for you on any computer.
Chrome Extensions– Tools you can add to your browser to personalize it even more and create easy access.
This is a collaborative notes page for today.
Google docs is an online, internet based word processor. With all the many privacy settings, you can make documents as collaborative or private as you wish.
No more need for thumb drives, no more recovering documents, Google Docs has all you need in one place from anywhere at any time.
Doc Add-ons- Tools to help you write and manage documents.
Digital Citizenship Integration
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
- Internet Safety
- Privacy & Security
- Relationships & Communication
- Digital Footprint & Reputation
- Self-image & Identity
- Information Literacy
- Creative Credit & Copyright
Little or No Prep Tools & Resources
Flubaroo is a Google Sheet Add On that makes grading a snap! It honestly grades assignments for you!
Broadcast any URL to computers within earshot.
An amazing resource for teachers. This website is constantly updated with great articles, apps, websites, and other technology resources that teachers can use in the classroom.
Make a new seating arrangement, call on a student, assign jobs truly randomly.
A curriculum or simply a resource for teachers to use with students to encourage proper and accurate technology use.
Ready to use lessons with videos, review questions, discussion, and digging deeper resources.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Identify one take-a-way from today’s workshop you want to apply in your classroom before we meet next time in October. It could be a tool, resource, teaching strategy or learning activity. Share your experience!
2. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
3. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info