October 2021 Agenda—Seward, Nebraska (EC-12 Cohort)
Begin at 9:00am
- Welcome back!
Connect to the WiFi: Registration Website: access.cune.edu
Conference Code: TEC21Workshop
- Grab a snack and mingle.
- Here we go….
How can you empower students to share His story using a digital plateform?
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, November 18th.
2. See you in Kearney?
We look forward in Workshop #2 making connections to build a lifetime of encouragement and support for one another.
1. Explore digital storytelling tools and resources to use with your students.
2. Create a digital storytelling learning activity to use with your students.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
The Power of StoryTelling
Flipgrid: Video Response Platform
Access the TEC21 Flipgrip group and respond to the question I posted.
Paperslides: Keeping it Simple but Effective
Paper Slide Videos are a quick way to do a one-take recording of students teaching information. Use your iPad or iPhone in video mode and slide the prepared papers in one at a time as you talk about each, telling the story of what you learned or wrote.
Stop Motion: A Wonder for All Ages
Stop motion animation is a film making technique that makes inanimate objects appear to move on their own. You can also use Google Slides to bring stories to life.
Adventure Stories: Bring the Adventure to the Classroom
How about putting learning outcomes into the hands of your students using “Chose Your Adventure Stories”. These used to be “Web Quests” back in the old days.
Learning in Action: Ready, Set, GO!!!!!!
With a partner create a project of your choice using one of these tools:
- Stop Motion
- Adventure Story
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Storytelling
Center- and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need any help with technology integration or you have questions about something we did this year! I am always happy to help.
I can also be found on Facebook, Twitter (@brettmeyer), or Twitter (@brettmeyer)