October 2021 Agenda—Phoenix, Arizona
Begin at 9:00am
What would you write to yourself as a first year teacher?
What would you add to your letter from the perspective of our ministry? What about COVID-19?
“For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love, and self-discipline.” 2 Timothy 1:7
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
We look forward in Workshop #2 making connections to build a lifetime of encouragement and support for one another.
1. Explore digital storytelling tools and resources to use with your students.
2. Create a digital storytelling learning activity to use with your students.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Easy Chrome Options
Stop Motion Video
Stop motion can be time consuming, but a great option for students to express their creativity. Using LEGOs is one of the most popular ways to create a stop motion video.
Tools to try:
- StopMotion App – Apple or Android
- LEGO Movie Maker App – Apple
- 10 Handiest Apps for Stop Motion Animation
- Create your own looping slideshow for animation Sample
- California Gold Rush
Apps and Tool Guide:
Resources for Digital Storytelling – Sorted by device and level of ease
Try out one of these activities!
Use the various LEGO characters taken from my kid’s room to create a simple animation movie.
What happened in the last two weeks that was out of the ordinary? Perhaps something exciting… something fearful… something happy… something bizarre…or just something different from your normal routine. Share your Out-of-the-Ordinary event in a quick Flipgrid recording. BEFORE YOU RECORD, click the EFFECTS option and add a frame, an emoji, a word, a photo…. something a bit extra to your video to enhance it…. and THEN record your 1-minute-or-less video. (You could even experiment with the pause button and have various features appear at appropriate times in that 1-minute storytelling time).
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Storytelling
Center- and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm