October 2021 Agenda—Livermore, California
Begin at 9:00am
Go to Word Cloud to create a piece of word art that describes you. Play around with the website. Ask questions if needed. Download and attach it to the Padlet down below. Also, add a prayer request to the Padlet too.
Technology has a way of enhancing our lives doesn’t it? We have more technology at our fingertips than at any other time in history. We are in the fast lane when it comes to our technology. Yet, it seems that over the years we have not really had technology; technology has had us. Instead of technology enhancing our lives, it has the potential of hindering us from the living the life God has given us.
Maybe it’s time to go back to the One who Created us and ask Him to show us our five smooth stones and sling. God created us to fulfill His agenda in His power with the technology of His choosing. Perhaps we have replaced our dependency upon God with an obsessive dependency upon technology.
Can we really make it without email, cell phones, text messaging, and the Internet? We often equate a spiritual fast with giving up food for a season. What if we sought to realign our lives with God’s agenda through a disciplined technology fast? It is possible that we may create more space for doing life God’s way?
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Tuesday, November 9, 2021.
2. Looking forward to LEC in Palm Springs…what classes or topics are you looking for?
We look forward in Workshop #2 making connections to build a lifetime of encouragement and support for one another.
1. Explore digital storytelling tools and resources to use with your students.
2. Create a digital storytelling learning activity to use with your students.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Common Core writing standards require writing and publishing using digital tools beginning already in Kindergarten and continuing through Grade 12.
Use technology, including the Internet, to produce and publish writing and present the relationships between information and ideas efficiently as well as to interact and collaborate with others.
Use technology, including the Internet, to produce, publish, and update individual or shared writing products in response to ongoing feedback, including new arguments or information.
Digital storytelling is the practice of combining narrative with digital content, including images, sound, and video, to create a short movie, typically with a strong emotional component. Today we will learn many different ideas to incorporate digital story telling in your classroom.
- First, we will make a Stop Motion video using both Google Slides and the Stop Motion app.
- Second, we will explore a low tech but fun and creative way for students to tell a story or share a tutorial using Paper Slides.
- Third, we will explore Animoto to make a video on any curricular topic of choice.
Activity #1 Stop Motion Using Google Slides or the Stop Motion app.
Activity #2 Make a paper slide video with a partner about a topic of interest (sports, fall, technology, etc.)
Activity #3 Animoto Video about a book you are reading or a science/social studies topic you are studying now.
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Storytelling
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need any help with technology integration or you have questions about something.
Cell Phone: (707)287-7994