October 2021 Agenda—Las Vegas, Nevada
Begin at 9:00am
- To WiFi: Faith Guest WiFi: Lando-isBorn
- How to get to today’s agenda: If you can read this, you’re already there.
- To each other – Grab a breakfast item! Talk with your your fellow TEC21 participants and catch up!
- Click here to work on your September Slide, link what you did to your September slide and if you have a student example that would be awesome as well.
- Create your October Slide
- Shortly we will do another ice breaker activity to continue to get to know one another!
God can do everything and anything. He is all powerful and He is uncomprehendingly loving. Life is beautiful but there are ups and downs as well. When we are low we can find ourselves blaming God, or running to Him and surrendering. When we are weak He is strong. And when we are on top of the world, we need to stop and acknowledge who put us there. God is loving and He is always with us, carrying us through the valleys and the hard times. …I’ve felt the pain of heart break, And I’ve seen the brighter days…’ Life has its ups and its downs. We face heart break and loss but the next day we may face great joy! It is hard when life seems to be a roller coaster but we have to keep putting our trust in God. ‘…No matter what I have your grace is enough, No matter where I am I’m standing in your love…’ We need to fix our eyes and our hearts on Jesus no matter what the situation is. God is truly in control and He can lift you out of the valleys if you just ask Him for His grace and for some help. His grace is sufficient and His love is never ending. …On the mountains I will bow my life to the one who set me there, In the valleys I will lift my eyes to the who sees me there…’ We need to surrender to God and acknowledged that He isn’t just our savior but our Lord. His sacrifice has saved us for eternity and I am so grateful for what He did for me. We need to bow and give Jesus the highs and when we face the lows we need to lift up our eyes and look for strength cause when we are weak He is strong. Let’s never rely on our own strength to save us because Jesus had the power to do that. Let’s never praise ourselves for getting to the top and living a great life, God fills our lives with joy and hope.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.
1 Peter 5:7
Cast all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
Times will come when life stinks and it feels like you are in a valley and there is no one who can help you. You should not run to friends or family first but God. ‘…When I’m standing on the mountain, I didn’t get there on my own, when I’m walking through the valley I know I am not alone…’ We must know that we can’t do anything in our own strength but through God we can. Lift up your life to Him and ask for wisdom, strength and His help. Always acknowledge that God is the Lord, no matter if you are loving life or if it is really hard.
Find your page (your first name will be at the top) and complete the bible verse with your partner or partners.
Then scroll to the 4 page to complete the task, I have given you an example of what I am looking for.
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday November 18.
2. LEC is right around the corner, I believe everyone in this room will be attending, swing by the TEC21 round table session and share your experience thus far with some fellow educators.
We look forward in Workshop #2 making connections to build a lifetime of encouragement and support for one another.
1. Explore digital storytelling tools and resources to use with your students.
2. Create a digital storytelling learning activity to use with your students.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Low-tech option: Paper Slide Storytelling
Paper Slide Videos are a quick way to do a one-take recording of students teaching information. Use your iPad or iPhone in video mode and slide the prepared papers in one at a time as you talk about each, telling the story of what you learned or wrote.
Stop Motion Animation
Stop motion animation is a film making technique that makes inanimate objects appear to move on their own.
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Storytelling
Center-and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm