October 2021 Agenda—Green Bay, Wisconsin
Begin at 9:00am
- To Wifi:
- Network: PLCSGUEST
- Password: pilgrim123
- How to get to today’s agenda: If you can read this, you’re already there.
- To each other – Grab a snack! Meet your fellow TEC21 participants! Sign-up to provide the snack for future meetings here.
- Group Sharing of Remote Teaching (for those who are): What are you doing or did you do to reach your students? How did it go? Do you have a student sample to show?
- The Ole Agendas – Old Agendas can be found at the appropriate bit.ly/ (i.e. bit.ly/GBSepSn13)
- Google Meet Link: https://meet.google.com/dwb-ktan-rjx
- Meet Recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10YepBkzgvZL_EmbzJfLOSdAAmvXWvaTB/view?usp=sharing
- October’s Agenda Link – bit.ly/GBOctSn13
- On the Padlet board below, click the “+” icon in the column for October. Create a post that has your name and something you did with technology since we met last month.
- Then read each other’s posts and comment directly on their Padlet posts to learn about what worked and didn’t work as well as asking questions.
- (You may need to be logged in to be able to comment)
Also Happy Reformation! A quote from Martin Luther’s Last Table Talk (1546): “Printing is a divine gift by which God promotes the spreading of the Gospel. It is the last flame before the extinction of the world. It is God’s gift at the end. The holy fathers at rest desired to see this day of the revealing of the Gospel.”
What do you think Luther would say about the Internet today? A divine gift of God for spreading the Gospel?
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for November 11, 2021.
2. North/South Teacher’s Conference – November 8 & 9 – Kalahari Resort, Wisconsin Dells
3. Have you gotten connected to the TEC21 social media universe?
We look forward in Workshop #2 making connections to build a lifetime of encouragement and support for one another.
1. Explore digital storytelling tools and resources to use with your students.
2. Create a digital storytelling learning activity to use with your students.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
You Spark Joy – An Adobe Spark 3-2-1 Project About You
Three — Two — OneShare 3 things we should know about you; 2 places you love to visit; 1 job you wish you had!
Flip the Scrip with Flipgrid – A Partner(s) Activity
Flipgrid is an amazing tool to use when you are looking for everyone to have a say. This service works to provide everyone a chance to talk, share their opinion, and get feedback from their peers. I’ve used it for group discussion, sharing about experiences, and just fun!
We’ll be using Flipgrid to create
1) An Introductory Video & Response
2) A Must-Have Educational Tool Share & Tell
When you get done making yours, watch a colleague’s video and share a response!
Let’s Break It UP! – A Small Group Activity Using Breakout Rooms
For this activity, you’ll be using a Breakout Room through Google Meet to create a Google Slide Story together with a few others who are teaching at your grade level. Below are the groups! This should be an interesting activity indeed.
Group EC/K – Diana, Erika, Christina
Group 1-4 – Keri, Emily, Ashley, Laura
Group 5-8 – Morgan, Nathan, Victoria, Mike
First, come up with what kind of story you would like to tell. Discuss within your Breakout Room and create a general outline.
Next, jump into your group’s Google Slide and begin creating/editing your short story.
Finally, (and this is going to be the challenging part) use Screencastify to bring your story to life.
I will admit, this is going to be a challenge, but I think we can pull it off!
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Storytelling
What’s Good in Green Bay
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm