October 2021 Agenda—Fort Dodge, Iowa
Begin at 9:00am
THE FIVE SOLAS
Sola means alone in Latin. A brief explanation of each Sola..
- Sola Scriptura – By Scripture Alone: The Bible is God’s Word, our authoritative, inerrant, and inspired guide. We do not hold any authority–tradition, clerical, political, or otherwise over the authority of the Bible. In fact, we read Scripture in the light of other Scripture.
- Sola Fide – By Faith Alone: We are saved by faith alone, not by works or merit. Faith leads to justification (salvation) and then to good works as a sign of our gratitude for salvation.
- Sola Gratia – By Grace Alone: We are saved by God’s grace through faith. Salvation is a free gift from God. God alone gives the gift of faith and of salvation. We can’t earn grace, nor can we earn greater grace through our actions.
- Solus Christus – Through Christ Alone: We are saved only by the atoning blood of Christ and it’s through Jesus that we know God. We don’t need anyone else to approach the Father on our behalf–Jesus does that for us.
- Soli Deo Gloria – To the Glory of God Alone: We were created and saved to bring glory to God, the King of the Universe. Everything we do should be for His glory. We don’t glorify anyone else, living or dead–only God is to be glorified.
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. Iowa Lutheran Teacher’s Conference October 21-22.
2.The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, November 11.
We look forward in Workshop #2 making connections to build a lifetime of encouragement and support for one another.
1. Explore digital storytelling tools and resources to use with your students.
2. Create a digital storytelling learning activity to use with your students.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
“Digital storytelling” is a relatively new term which describes the practice of using computer-based tools to tell stories.
Follow Jesus on Twitter – or what it would have been like
Paper slides are a powerful yet simple, low-tech way to integrate video into your classroom. Just like the name implies, it involves the sliding of papers to create a movie. Students create paper slides on good old white paper. Then they slide them across while someone videos it
Getting Creative: With a partner…
So many tools, so little time… Brainstorm with a partner and create a digital story using one (or more) of the tools listed. The possibilities are endless!
Getting creative: As a group…
“Paperslides” in the classroom: Brainstorm, how can you incorporate a paperslides project in your classroom? Let’s collaborate and try one now!
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Storytelling
Center- and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need any help with technology integration or you have questions about something we did this year! I am always happy to help.
Phone: 515-230-3990 (call or text)