October 2021 Agenda—Decatur, Illinois
Begin at 9:00am
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
What are other ways to reflect?
Google Slides Example
We look forward in Workshop #2 making connections to build a lifetime of encouragement and support for one another.
1. Explore digital storytelling tools and resources to use with your students.
2. Create a digital storytelling learning activity to use with your students.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Stories, stories, stories!
Digital storytelling has become a mainstay in the connected educator’s classroom. Students love to tell stories, whether by voice or on paper. Using a digital aspect opens the minds of the students who may not be most artistic with a pencil and paper.
A couple of things to consider for creating a digital storytelling unit.
- How does it fit in the overall curriculum?
- What devices do you have available?
- How to arrange groups so that every voice is heard?
- How much time do I have to accomplish this unit?
Although this is not an exhaustive list, it is a good start to get the ball rolling.
Good projects to start with:
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Storytelling
Center- and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need any help with technology integration or you have questions about something we did this year! I am always happy to help.
I can also be found on Facebook, Twitter (@smileybrewer), or Instagram (@mgrillot23)