October 2021 Agenda—Columbus, Indiana
Begin at 9:00am
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, November 11.
2. The Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio Districts in partnership with Lutheran Education Association are joining together for the Connections Conference at the Grande Wayne Convention Center in Ft. Wayne, Indiana, on November 22-23.
We look forward in Workshop #2 making connections to build a lifetime of encouragement and support for one another.
1. Explore digital storytelling tools and resources to use with your students.
2. Create a digital storytelling learning activity to use with your students.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Low-tech option: Paper Slide Storytelling
Paper Slide Videos are a quick way to do a one-take recording of students teaching information. Use your iPad or iPhone in video mode and slide the prepared papers in one at a time as you talk about each, telling the story of what you learned or wrote.
Stop Motion Video
A stopmotion video is a series of still images strung together at a rapid rate resulting in an onscreen animation. Below is an example of one a past student created using Stopmotion Studios. It is a free app that simple to use. The video below takes advantage of some of the paid add-on features.
Modified Stop Motion Video
Check out this modified stop motion video, The Black Death in 90 Seconds. You can use Google Slides and Screencastify or an iPad screen recorder to create a video just like this.
Let’s Create One!
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Storytelling
Center- and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need any help with technology integration or you have questions about something we did this year! I am always happy to help.
Phone: 317-902-9838 (call or text)
I can also be found on Facebook and Twitter (@Lfinch11).