October 2021 Agenda—Cedarburg, Wisconsin
Begin at 9:00am
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for TUESDAY, November 16
2. SWD Teachers Conference November 8-9
We look forward in Workshop #2 making connections to build a lifetime of encouragement and support for one another.
1. Explore digital storytelling tools and resources to use with your students.
2. Create a digital storytelling learning activity to use with your students.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
What is it? Digital storytelling is the practice of combining narrative with digital content, including images, sound, and video, to create a short movie, typically with a strong emotional component. Check out this example of Following Jesus on Twitter.
Paper Slide Storytelling
Paper Slide Videos are a quick way to do a one-take recording of students teaching information. Use your iPad or iPhone in video mode and slide the prepared papers in one at a time as you talk about each, telling the story of what you learned or wrote.
Create a paper slide video by yourself or with a partner!
The idea behind Flipgrid is to use video to create an open platform of discussion and learning that doesn’t require a physical classroom to get everyone involved. That makes Flipgrid an ideal remote learning tool as well as a powerful homework based application for students to use with each other.
Create a Flipgrid video where you tell the story of where you grew up.
Join code: 94886e78
Want to create movies like Wallace and Gromit or those groovy Lego shorts on YouTube? Stop Motion Studio is an amazing app to create terrific stop action movies with a whole host of unique features. Like the frame-by-frame editor, the never get lost timeline and the cool sound editor.
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Storytelling
Center- and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Wendy – School 920-452-6882