October 2021 Agenda—Arlington Heights, Illinois
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
We look forward in Workshop #2 making connections to build a lifetime of encouragement and support for one another.
1. Explore digital storytelling tools and resources to use with your students.
2. Create a digital storytelling learning activity to use with your students.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
What is it?
“Digital storytelling” is a relatively new term which describes the practice of using computer-based tools to tell stories.
Follow Jesus on Twitter – or what it would have been like
Your challenge is to experience the Thanksgiving variety of Candy Corn! Will you disover all of the new flavors encapsulated in one bag?! Will you find a new flavor? You may not have known what you were missing! Click on the link ot the left to finish reading the instructions. When prompted, sign in with your school email address that you used for Tec21. (You will need a camera on your device. If you don’t have one, you can partner with someone).
With a partner, create a 6 slide video: 3 things on how you are alike, and 3 things on how you are different. Can be any topics: foods, hobbies, sports, background, favorite color, cars, pets…..etc
Create a video on your own about where you are from. See two samples here, one using Adobe Spark, and one created by a student using Story Jumper
Let’s begin to pound out our Celebration Day slide show by preparing our first slide.
Click on the link ot the left to find and access yor folder.
Within your folder, create a new slide show
Try visiting Slide Carnival to import a NEW slideshow theme into goole slides.
Create your first slide by reflecting on something you have learned and/or tried. (Our theme last time was All Things Google, but your slide does NOT have to be related to that).
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Storytelling
Center- and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm