November 2020 Agenda—Wausau, Wisconsin
Begin at 9:00am
Get Your Head in the Game – Game Night Devotional
Digital Nativity story
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for January 2021.
2. 2021/2022 cohorts are forming now!
(Letter from Brent Dieckhoff, founder and executive director of TEC21)
Dear TEC21 Participants,
Oh give thanks unto the Lord!
It’s always at about this time of the year that I find myself extra thankful for the TEC21 ministry. Perhaps it’s because the workshop program is well on it’s way during another school term or maybe it’s because Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Either way, I am so thankful for the MANY ways God has blessed our work over the past 12 years.
First, I want to thank you for joining us this year and for all that you do for Lutheran school ministries and the proclamation of the gospel. Thank you for modeling to your students your desire to continue to learn for their sake. It is my prayer that the relationships you are forming and the learning that is taking place as you gather together each month through our workshop program has been and will continue to be a blessing to both you personally and to your teaching ministry not only for this year, but for many years to come. Personally, I find that being able to connect with other teachers is vital to my teaching ministry. It is a boost to my mental and spiritual health. I love learning with and from others. The relationships I have made through TEC21 help to keep me feeling fresh and excited to teach each year. I hope this is the case for you, too! If it is, I’d like to ask you for your help.
The facilitators and I have begun forming our next cohorts that will begin in September of 2021. Personal testimony goes a long way, so I would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for Season 13? They could be teachers from your school or any other school for that matter. With your help we will be able to impact more teachers (and their students) for the sake of the gospel. I thank you in advance for any support of our efforts that you can give to us.
God’s peace and protection be with you all.
#TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
“I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel…” Philippians 1:4-5
Principals can register with their name to save spots for one or more of your teachers. To register, have them click here or scan this QR code:
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. Explore a variety of digital tools and learning activities to use in order to assess student progress and understanding.
2. Create a digital assessment activity which could be incorporated into an upcoming lesson or unit.
3. Discover the educational value of engaging students in gamification activities in today’s classroom.
4. Participate in Hour of Code with your students.
Digital Assessment Strategies
What is Formative Assessment?
Formative assessment is an ongoing, flexible, and more informal diagnostic tool. While summative assessment is, as the word implies, an evaluation of the sum product of the lesson. Summative assessments are more formal, structured, and often used to normalize performance so they can be measured and compared
Hour of Code
Digital Tools & Resources
Goformative.com Web app that allows teachers to give live assignments
Teachers First Coding issue. Links to many different coding apps and games for all ages
Gamification Hundreds of links to online games and resources for making your own
Digital Escape Rooms. A variety of digital escape rooms. Not all have answers, so you may want to try them ahead of time!
Hopscotch Free lessons plans and games to teach kids coding
Nearpod Hundreds of premade lessons that provide formative assessment for teachers
Turkey Thankfulness Template for a turkey on google slides
No Red Ink. Students complete practice and review questions on language, grammar, and writing topics. Students choose topics of interest to them which are incorporated into the questions. Free
Vocabulary.com Pre-make lists or make your own list to work on vocabulary. The free version limits the number of student results you can see.
Education.com Learning Library of educational games for students.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
Inspire! We are each other’s BEST resources 🙂
- Digital: Develop and incorporate a digital assessment activity to use with your students in a lesson or unit you’ll be teaching before we meet again in January.
- Social: Post to TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you teaching and/or your students learning, or a sample of a digital assessment you used with your students.
- Spiritual: Be a resource–an inspiration–to one of your colleagues.
- 2021/2022 cohorts are forming now! Personal testimony goes a long way, so we would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for Season 13? They could be teachers from your school or any other school for that matter. With your help we will be able to impact more teachers (and their students) for the sake of the gospel. We thank you in advance for any support of our efforts that you can give to us. #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
St. Paul Stevens Point