November 2020 Agenda—Munster, Indiana
Begin at 9:00am
To WiFi: Private wifi password: splcmunster@123!
How to get to today’s agenda: If you can read this, you’re already there. The shortened URL is: bit.ly/Munster2020
To each other – Grab a breakfast item and get caught up with the other TEC21sters!
A Whelming Flood: Genesis 8,9
8 But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded. 2 Now the springs of the deep and the floodgates of the heavens had been closed, and the rain had stopped falling from the sky. 3 The water receded steadily from the earth. At the end of the hundred and fifty days the water had gone down,4 and on the seventeenth day of the seventh month the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat…..9 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth.
What’s apart of your flood right now?
What thoughts do you have as you sit in the ark?
What can we pray for today?
- The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, January 21, 2020.
2. Please text my phone. In case of a weather situation for our January or February meetings this would be the fastest way to inform you of our situation. Text your name, and the time you leave for the workshops to 1-815-922-1492
3. 2021/2022 cohorts are forming now!
(Letter from Brent Dieckhoff, founder and executive director of TEC21)
Dear TEC21 Participants,
Oh give thanks unto the Lord!
It’s always at about this time of the year that I find myself extra thankful for the TEC21 ministry. Perhaps it’s because the workshop program is well on it’s way during another school term or maybe it’s because Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Either way, I am so thankful for the MANY ways God has blessed our work over the past 12 years.
First, I want to thank you for joining us this year and for all that you do for Lutheran school ministries and the proclamation of the gospel. Thank you for modeling to your students your desire to continue to learn for their sake. It is my prayer that the relationships you are forming and the learning that is taking place as you gather together each month through our workshop program has been and will continue to be a blessing to both you personally and to your teaching ministry not only for this year, but for many years to come. Personally, I find that being able to connect with other teachers is vital to my teaching ministry. It is a boost to my mental and spiritual health. I love learning with and from others. The relationships I have made through TEC21 help to keep me feeling fresh and excited to teach each year. I hope this is the case for you, too! If it is, I’d like to ask you for your help.
The facilitators and I have begun forming our next cohorts that will begin in September of 2021. Personal testimony goes a long way, so I would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for Season 13? They could be teachers from your school or any other school for that matter. With your help we will be able to impact more teachers (and their students) for the sake of the gospel. I thank you in advance for any support of our efforts that you can give to us.
God’s peace and protection be with you all.
#TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
“I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel…” Philippians 1:4-5
Principals can register with their name to save spots for one or more of your teachers. To register, have them click here or scan this QR code:
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned. (Look to your participants’ September Reflection Responses to help guide you.)
1. Explore a variety of digital tools and learning activities to use in order to assess student progress and understanding.
2. Create a digital assessment activity which could be incorporated into an upcoming lesson or unit.
3. Discover the educational value of engaging students in gamification activities in today’s classroom.
Digital Assessment Strategies
Formative Assessment, Summative Assessment or Time Killers
Kahoot of course! We will try one.
Ghost mode– How to duplicate and edit public Kahoot quizzes – YouTube — Jumble Mode Is a New Way to Play Kahoot Games—How to use Kahoot! to teach new topics – Blind Kahoot!’ing – YouTube—Blind Kahoot Template WT – YouTube
Yeah, but, Google Forms
Add your quiz to a video–Edpuzzle
create a presentation and put your questions in it– Nearpod
Add questions to Slides– Pear deck
Flipgrid is a social learning platform that allows educators to ask a question, then the students respond in a video. Students are then able to respond to one another, creating a “web” of discussion. … The students were using whiteboards to complete the work, then recording themselves on Flipgrid
Games students play!
My classes and Typing club
TO START WITH
Hundreds more games to choose from — go far down the list to see them by Subjects
No More Flash Support in Chrome! Look for new alternatives!
Digital Tools & Resources
My colleagues and I have developed an online tool with hundreds of interactive self-grading Science quizzes! These have been shared by the National Science Teacher Association and are totally free.
Simply select the one you like and click on “send via Google Classroom”. This will automatically link the tools and that’s it! We really hope you like them.
Thanksgiving resources:Mine:—Larry Ferlazzo—Shelly Terrell
Mapping Thanksgiving www.freetech4teachers.com/2019/11/mapping-thanksgiving.html
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
Inspire! We are each other’s BEST resources 🙂
- Digital: Develop and incorporate a digital assessment activity to use with your students in a lesson or unit you’ll be teaching before we meet again in January.
- Social: Post to TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you teaching and/or your students learning, or a sample of a digital assessment you used with your students.
- Spiritual: Be a resource–an inspiration–to one of your colleagues.
- 2021/2022 cohorts are forming now! Personal testimony goes a long way, so we would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for Season 13? They could be teachers from your school or any other school for that matter. With your help we will be able to impact more teachers (and their students) for the sake of the gospel. We thank you in advance for any support of our efforts that you can give to us. #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
web site: markhess.info
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Facebook: Mark Hess