November 2020 Agenda—Collinsville, Illinois
Begin at 9:00am
Today’s Agenda: https://tec21connect.com
What are you thankful for this year? How can your thankfulness be shared in your words and deeds? With your students? With colleagues?
Colossians 3:17 – And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
1 Chronicles 16:34 – Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 – Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus
Let’s Collaborate! Open the Thankful Turkey and find the slide with your name. Put together your turkey and what you are thankful for.
Here is a copy of the Thankful Turkey for you to use in your classroom!
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, January 21st.
2. Illinois Education & Technology Conference- Virtual
November 16-21, 2020
ISTE- International Society for Technology in Education
ISTE 2020 Live conference- Virtual
November 29- December 5
The Illinois Digital Educators Alliance (IDEA) has lots of opportunities available throughout the year!
3. 2021/2022 cohorts are forming now!
(Letter from Brent Dieckhoff, founder and executive director of TEC21)
Dear TEC21 Participants,
Oh give thanks unto the Lord!
It’s always at about this time of the year that I find myself extra thankful for the TEC21 ministry. Perhaps it’s because the workshop program is well on it’s way during another school term or maybe it’s because Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Either way, I am so thankful for the MANY ways God has blessed our work over the past 12 years.
First, I want to thank you for joining us this year and for all that you do for Lutheran school ministries and the proclamation of the gospel. Thank you for modeling to your students your desire to continue to learn for their sake. It is my prayer that the relationships you are forming and the learning that is taking place as you gather together each month through our workshop program has been and will continue to be a blessing to both you personally and to your teaching ministry not only for this year, but for many years to come. Personally, I find that being able to connect with other teachers is vital to my teaching ministry. It is a boost to my mental and spiritual health. I love learning with and from others. The relationships I have made through TEC21 help to keep me feeling fresh and excited to teach each year. I hope this is the case for you, too! If it is, I’d like to ask you for your help.
The facilitators and I have begun forming our next cohorts that will begin in September of 2021. Personal testimony goes a long way, so I would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for Season 13? They could be teachers from your school or any other school for that matter. With your help we will be able to impact more teachers (and their students) for the sake of the gospel. I thank you in advance for any support of our efforts that you can give to us.
God’s peace and protection be with you all.
#TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
“I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel…” Philippians 1:4-5
Principals can register with their name to save spots for one or more of your teachers. To register, have them click here or scan this QR code:
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. Explore a variety of digital tools and learning activities to use in order to assess student progress and understanding.
2. Create a digital assessment activity which could be incorporated into an upcoming lesson or unit.
3. Discover the educational value of engaging students in gamification activities in today’s classroom.
Digital Assessment Strategies
SeeSaw- Create individualized portfolios for students by having them work right within the app. It will also sync with Google Classroom so you can import the same students!
Other Resources to Check Out
Don’t forget to go back to some of the Digital Storytelling tools from October’s agenda! Those could easily provide you with a great assessment.
Digital Tools & Resources
Kami is an app and extension for Google Chrome that allows you to edit PDFs. It integrates with Google Classroom. It will recognize that you have a PDF open and the shortcut button is built right into your window.
Math Is Fun is a website with lots of math information, videos, activities, and games.
EdPuzzle – A site that allows users to select a video and customize it by editing, cropping, recording audio, and adding questions to make an engaging presentation or lesson.
Classroom Screen This is an awesome website that easily allows you to make a background, add timers, add a QR code, add text, add a noise level sign etc. that you can place on any screen to display to students.
Google Slides Presenter View allows you to drop questions into your presentation during presenting.
Dreamscape Reading skills mastery through gaming!
Testmoz An assessment tool for creating tests. Easily creates tests and it will grade them for you!
Socrative – Allows teachers to create simple quizzes that students can take quickly on laptops, classroom tablet computers or their own smartphones.
Poll Everywhere Create a poll to get instant classroom feedback!
Spelling City Spelling City allows students to practice both vocabulary and spelling independently as well as giving teachers the tools to track a students progress. (Pay per class). Accounts are transitioning to Vocabulary A-Z next year.
The Oregon Trail Yes! This is just like the original! The Oregon Trail is a computer game developed by the Minnesota Educational Computing Consortium (MECC) and first released in 1985 for the Apple II. It was designed to teach students about the realities of 19th-century pioneer life on the Oregon Trail.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
Inspire! We are each other’s BEST resources 🙂
- Digital: Develop and incorporate a digital assessment activity to use with your students in a lesson or unit you’ll be teaching before we meet again in January.
- Social: Post to TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you teaching and/or your students learning, or a sample of a digital assessment you used with your students.
- Spiritual: Be a resource–an inspiration–to one of your colleagues.
- 2021/2022 cohorts are forming now! Personal testimony goes a long way, so we would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for Season 13? They could be teachers from your school or any other school for that matter. With your help we will be able to impact more teachers (and their students) for the sake of the gospel. We thank you in advance for any support of our efforts that you can give to us. #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
Dismiss at 2:00pm