Begin at 9:00am
The WIFI password for the student Network is : Student1
A Whelming Flood: Genesis 8,9
8 But God remembered Noah and all the wild animals and the livestock that were with him in the ark, and he sent a wind over the earth, and the waters receded. 2 Now the springs of the deep and the floodgates of the heavens had been closed, and the rain had stopped falling from the sky. 3 The water receded steadily from the earth. At the end of the hundred and fifty days the water had gone down,4 and on the seventeenth day of the seventh month the ark came to rest on the mountains of Ararat…..9 Then God blessed Noah and his sons, saying to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the earth.
What’s apart of your flood right now?
What thoughts do you have as you sit in the ark?
What can we pray for today?
Announcements & Review
1. Upcoming events:
- The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, January 17,2019.
- #LuthEd Twitter chats take place on Monday evenings from 8:00-9:00CST throughout the school year.
2. Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What were some successes? Tell us about any challenges you faced?
4. Hour of Code – First week of December
1. Discover the educational value of engaging students in coding activities in today’s classroom.
2. Explore a variety of digital assessment tools and learning activities that could be used to assess student progress and achievement.
3. Identify web- and/or mobile-based coding applications to engage your students with during the upcoming international Hour of Code (December 3-7).
4. Create a digital assessment activity which could be incorporated into an upcoming lesson or unit.
“Education is not the filling of a bucket, but the lighting of a fire.” ~ W. B. Yeats
3. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
1. Explore the value of coding and assessment tools.
2. Discover coding and assessment tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Implement coding and assessment tools, resources and/or teaching strategies in your classroom.
Coding– Hour of Code — December 3-9
Formative or Summative Assessment
Kahoot of course! We will try one.
Yeah, but, Google Forms
I am a text block. Click edit button to build out your sub-topic #2.
Digital Citizenship Integration
Let’s talk a bit about these findings: Common Sense Media Census
- Internet Safety
- Privacy & Security
- Relationships & Communication
- Digital Footprint & Reputation
- Self-image & Identity
- Information Literacy
- Creative Credit & Copyright
Little or No Prep Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
Inspire! We are each other’s BEST resources 🙂
1. Develop and incorporate a digital assessment activity to use with your students in a lesson or unit you’ll be teaching before we meet again in January.
2. During the week of December 3–7, have your students join millions of students around the world in participating in an “Hour of Code” (An awesome activity to engage your students in during the craziness of December.)
3. Post to TEC21’s online Google+ community. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you teaching and/or your students learning, or a sample of a digital assessment you used with your students.
4. Be a resource–an inspiration–to one of your colleagues.
5. Registration for the TEC21 Workshop Program for the 2019/2020 school year opens on January 2, 2019. Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Share with them the value of connecting with other Lutheran school teachers and the impact it’s had on you and your students. Thank you in advance for supporting our mission and vision and being an ambassador for TEC21! #TEC21lcms #LuthEd #LutheranSchoolsThrive
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
I am a text block. Provide your teachers with your email address, link to your G+ profile, Twitter username, etc.