Begin at 9:00am
Candy Code – Ice Breaker
Announcements & Review
1. Upcoming events:
- The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, January 2018.
- LuthEd Twitter chats take place on Monday evenings from 8:00-9:00CST throughout the school year.
2. For anyone interested in receiving college credit? The application period is OPEN! Remember that TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, apply online between today – January 31, 2018. Degree completion options:
- Option 1 – M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- Option 2 – M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with Instructional Technology Leadership
- Option 3 – Instructional Technology Leadership Endorsement (You can check with your respective state’s Board of Education to see whether they will acknowledge this endorsement.)
- $80/credit hour
- 3 graduate level credits
- Application fee waived for non-degree option
3. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
1. Explore the value of coding and assessment tools.
2. Discover coding and assessment tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Implement coding and assessment tools, resources and/or teaching strategies in your classroom.
How to set it up in your classroom?
Gadgets and Tools
Digital Citizenship Integration
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when conducting formative assessments with your students?
- Internet Safety
- Privacy & Security
- Relationships & Communication
- Digital Footprint & Reputation
- Self-image & Identity
- Information Literacy
- Creative Credit & Copyright
Little or No Prep Tools & Resources
Code.org Hour of Code
Dash and Dot Robotics
Quizizz Like Kahoot
Kahoot it! Formative assessment option
Tynker – Learning to Code
Kodable Free app for kids to learn computer programming. Kodable starts from the very simple concepts and is great for kids as young as preschool to gain the fundamental concepts of coding.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
Inspire! We are each other’s BEST resources 🙂
1. Design a formative or summative assessment strategy or activity to use with your students and have it include a technology component to it (web- or tablet-based app).
2. During the week of December 4–10, plan to have your students join millions of students around the world in participating in an “Hour of Code” (A great activity to engage your students in during the craziness of December.)
3. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
4. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
5. TEC21 Registration for the 2018/2019 school year opens on January 2, 2018. Encourage a fellow teacher to be a TEC21 participant next year! Share with them the value of being connected with other Lutheran school educators and the impact it’s had on you, your classroom and your students. Thank you for being an ambassador for TEC21!
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
I am a text block. Provide your teachers with your email address, link to your G+ profile, Twitter username, etc.