Begin at 9:00am
How has technology changed the way that we worship and minister to each other?
Announcements & Review
2. For anyone interested in receiving college credit? The application period is OPEN! Remember that TEC21 is considered a second semester class–EDUC 513. To receive college credit, apply online between today – January 31, 2018.
Degree completion options:
- Option 1 – M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction
- Option 2 – M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction with Instructional Technology Leadership
- Option 3 – Instructional Technology Leadership Endorsement (You can check with your respective state’s Board of Education to see whether they will acknowledge this endorsement.)
Non-degree completion option:
- $80/credit hour
- 3 graduate level credits
- Application fee waived for non-degree option
3. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
1. Explore the value of coding and assessment tools.
2. Discover coding and assessment tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Implement coding and assessment tools, resources and/or teaching strategies in your classroom.
Assessment and Google Tools Revisited
Resources to Help You Run an Hour of Code Event http://www.edutopia.org/blog/calling-learners-teachers-hour-of-code-ashley-cronin
- Watch How to Run an Hour of Code (Video, 3:05)
- Download or Print the Participation Guide (PDF)
- Review Best Practices From Successful Educators (Slideshow)
- Explore the Hour of Code Tutorials
- Follow #HourofCode on Twitter
- Computer Education Week (December of each year)
- Explore the many resources above and below.
- Identify ones that suit your classroom set up and then let your students do some exploring of their own.
- December 4-10, 2017 is the official week of Hour of Code.
- Lightbot (ages 5-13) also an app
- Tynker (ages 5+) also an app
- Khan Academy Hour of Code (Middle School +)
- Scratch (ages 8+, including high school)
- Scratch Jr. (ages 5-9) app only
- Appinventor (Middle School+)
- Code Combat (Middle School +)
- Hopscotch (ages 9+) app only
- A.L.E.X. (all ages) app only
- Swift Playgrounds (ages 9+) iPad app only
- App Lab (ages 13+) Design apps in either block or text coding
Ozoblockly (program the Ozobot)
Digital Citizenship Integration
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when conducting formative assessments with your students?
- Internet Safety
- Privacy & Security
- Relationships & Communication
- Digital Footprint & Reputation
- Self-image & Identity
- Information Literacy
- Creative Credit & Copyright
- Feedly (Collect blogs for professional development, also a website)
- Popplet Lite (Mindmapping)
- Timeline 3D: Education Edition
- Liveboard (Interactive whiteboard collaboration)
- CodeArt (Write code for a drawing)
- Kodable (Coding for kids)
- Coaster Physics (Bring motion physics to life)
- Minecraft PE ($6.99)
Little or No Prep Tools & Resources
www.padlet.com (Collaboration tool)
www.flippity.net (Google spreadsheet enhancements)
Internet Archive (Historic websites, videos, music and more)
9 Word Cloud Generators
Tree Octopus Website
Forty Ways to Engage Them in the First 5 Minutes
10 Google Classroom Timesavers
20 Reading Activities and Apps
MathPlay (Free online math games)
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
Inspire! We are each other’s BEST resources 🙂
1. Design a formative or summative assessment strategy or activity to use with your students and have it include a technology component to it (web- or tablet-based app).
2. During the week of December 4–10, plan to have your students join millions of students around the world in participating in an “Hour of Code” (A great activity to engage your students in during the craziness of December.)
3. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
4. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
5. TEC21 Registration for the 2017/2018 school year opens on January 2, 2018. Encourage a fellow teacher to be a TEC21 participant next year! Share with them the value of being connected with other Lutheran school educators and the impact it’s had on you, your classroom and your students. Thank you for being an ambassador for TEC21!
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info