May 2019 Agenda—Green Bay, Wisconsin
Begin at 9:00am
- To Wifi:
- Network: PLCS-INTERNET
- Password: pilgrim123
- How to get to today’s agenda: If you can read this, you’re already there.
- To each other – Meet your fellow TEC21 participants!
- Sign up for Snacks – Let’s make a list for anyone who’s willing to bring snacks for the rest of our dates.
- Group Sharing of Video Creations: What is one technology project you tried tried in the classroom? How did it go? Do you have a student sample to show?
- Mike’s List of Apps we’ve done so far – In writing this Agenda, I couldn’t remember all of the things we’ve covered so far, so I made a list! Check out this list for a quick review/refresher on where we’ve been.
- Go to bit.ly/GBMaySn10
1) Put God first
2) Fail big
3) You’ll never see a U-haul behind a hearse
YOU are making a difference in the lives of your students EVERY DAY
Announcements & Review
1. Letter grades will be submitted to Concordia within the next week for those of you receiving graduate-level credit. Later in May, you will receive an email from the TEC21 Office providing you with your letter grade and letting you know when you can request a transcript from Concordia should you need one for your records.
2. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
- How do you teach students to become problem designers?
- How do you manage your own professional growth?
- What are your expectations for students to self-assess their work and publish it for a wider audience?
- What does your global network look like?
- How do you give students an opportunity to contribute purposeful work to others?
- How do you teach students to learn what you don’t know?
- How do you teach students to manage their own learning?
3. Harris, J., & Hofer, M. (n.d.). Activity types website.
1. Understand the value of being both a consumer and a contributor in your professional learning network.
2. Commit to being a connected, resourceful life-long learner.
3. Celebrate each other’s TEC21 achievements through today’s mini-conference format.
Here are some ways TEC21 facilitators and teachers connect online to further build and strengthen their professional learning network:
Facebook: Stay connected with everyone by engaging with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1”. What a wonderful way to receive a life-time of support from one another. Also, please help us get the word out to as many teachers as possible about the TEC21 Workshop Program by “Liking” us on the TEC21 Facebook Page!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin along with hundreds of other teaches on the shared board! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know so we can add you as a collaborator.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
Mini-conference Style Presentations
Little or No Prep Tools & Resources
AR Flashcards – Animal Alphabet is an app that brings augmented reality to paper flashcards to make them 3D and jump off the page! Go to the website to print the flashcards of alphabet, math facts, dinosaurs, etc., cut them out so white shows all the way around, download the app on your iPad or iPhone, then view the flashcard to see the animal in 3D.
It can be a challenge to find a clip that is appropriate for your students. Then there are still the issues of “related” videos that aren’t really related to your search and comments that don’t add any value to the video. Here are five good alternatives to searching on YouTube for educational video clips. Here are alternatives to youtube:
Next Vista’s purpose is to provide a place for teachers and students to share videos with other teachers and students in a safe environment.
Easily find educational videos from TV shows and movies to use in your lessons
Heads Up! Kids is a charades app offering hilarious fun and way to get your kiddos communicating with one another. The kids’ version offers pictures as the clues and more kid-friendly topics. However, for upper grades, try the original Heads Up!. Both are available for a minimal $0.99. (Grade 1+)
Talk and Comment is a free Chrome Extension that allows you and your students to record voice notes anywhere on the web. Go to the Chrome Web Store to download Talk and Comment. The icon will appear to the right of your search bar in Chrome. A small circle for recording will appear to the right of all online documents. Simply highlight text in a Google Doc, Slide, website, anywhere online and click the record circle. You will instantly have an audio comment! Check out this video to get started.
BioMan Biology is the fun place to learn Biology! Here you will find learning games, review games, virtual labs and quizzes that will help you to learn about cells, ecology, genetics, physiology, and much more!
The Digital Pirate is a document based on the idea of a “hook” as presented by Dave Burgess (Teach Like a Pirate). The “hooks” is this document all involve digital tools.
Printable Paper is collection of over 1800 different types of paper (graph, line, music and much more) that you can download and print for free.
Learn more about the amazing world of science by enjoying our fun science experiments, cool facts, online games, free activities, ideas, lesson plans, photos, quizzes, videos & science fair projects. Thers are also links to a similar math and english page,
These videos provide creative and educational tours of the states and world.
60 Second Presidents is a PBS website containing a 60 second video summary of the life of each president and additionl information and activities on the presidents.
Play The Oregon Trail Game (circa 1990).
Funbrain contains games, books and videos in a variety of grade levels and subject areas.
This website contains suggestions for engaging tech activities that you can use with your students at the end of the year.
These are the wonderful people who celebrated their accomplishments in TEC21! God bless you all.
Collaboration! We are each other’s BEST resources 🙂
The bestowing of award, praise and adulation.
We officially dub you TEC21 Teachers–connected, resourceful life-long learners!
1. “Pomp & Circumstance”
2. Presentation of “diplomas”
3. Presentation of TEC21 Digital Badges
Dear TEC21 Teachers,
As educators, we all know how hard it is to keep up with the needs of students. TEC21 recognizes the extra effort it takes to learn, stretch and grow to provide Technology Enriched Classrooms. We applaud every school who has given the green light to allow teachers to participate in our workshops, and every teacher who has stepped outside his or her comfort zone to be vigorously challenged. Our goal with you is a contagious classroom full of motivated students.
You have earned this badge. We have provided it in two sizes each for school administrators and teachers. We hope you’ll proudly display it on your school website or personal classroom website.
Thank you for making a TEC21 classroom a badge of honor.
Serving Him with you,
The TEC21 Facilitators
For School Administrators
Small School Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://tec21connect.com/" title="Tec21"><img src="https://tec21connect.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/TEC21-School-Badge-256x75.png" alt="Tec21" style="border:none;width:100%;max-width:256px;height:auto;" /></a></div>
Large School Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://tec21connect.com/" title="Tec21"><img src="https://tec21connect.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/TEC21-School-Badge-256x256.png" alt="Tec21" style="border:none;width:100%;max-width:256px;height:auto;" /></a></div>
Small Teacher Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://tec21connect.com/" title="Tec21"><img src="https://tec21connect.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/TEC21-Educator-Badge-256x75.png" alt="Tec21" style="border:none;width:100%;max-width:256px;height:auto;" /></a></div>
Large Teacher Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://tec21connect.com/" title="Tec21"><img src="https://tec21connect.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/TEC21-Educator-Badge-256x256.png" alt="Tec21" style="border:none;width:100%;max-width:256px;height:auto;" /></a></div>
Final TEC21 Challenges
1. Continue to be a connected educator!
2. Continue to be a life-long learner!
3. Continue to be a resource to others!
You can complete the form below from most web browsers. If you are having difficulty, select the following link to access the Final Reflection directly – https://goo.gl/forms/BC7djs8ifonAbGgO2.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Connected teachers inspiring students in Technology Enriched Classrooms.
Lunch Hour at 12:45 PM at Margarita’s