May 2019 Agenda—Grafton, Wisconsin
Begin at 9:00am
1 Corinthians 12:4-11(ESV)
4 Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; 5 and there are varieties of service, but the same Lord; 6 and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who empowers them all in everyone. 7 To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
Announcements & Review
1. Letter grades will be submitted to Concordia within the next week for those of you receiving graduate-level credit. Later in May, you will receive an email from the TEC21 Office providing you with your letter grade and letting you know when you can request a transcript from Concordia should you need one for your records.
2. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
4. Harris, J., & Hofer, M. (n.d.). Activity types website.
1. Understand the value of being both a consumer and a contributor in your professional learning network.
2. Commit to being a connected, resourceful life-long learner.
3. Celebrate each other’s TEC21 achievements through today’s mini-conference format.
Here are some ways TEC21 facilitators and teachers connect online to further build and strengthen their professional learning network:
Facebook: Stay connected with everyone by engaging with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1”. What a wonderful way to receive a life-time of support from one another. Also, please help us get the word out to as many teachers as possible about the TEC21 Workshop Program by “Liking” us on the TEC21 Facebook Page!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin along with hundreds of other teaches on the shared board! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know so we can add you as a collaborator.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
Mini-conference Style Presentations
Time to gather your…
Click on the SHARED DOCUMENTS to access everyone’s presentation links from all the workshop centers.
Little or No Prep Tools & Resources
Anti-stress is an app that has a number of mindless, tension-releasing activities and interactives, including bubble wrap, a chalkboard, pottery wheel, and music-making!
Designed with little ones in mind, Shutterbugs was created by Smithsonian Science Education Center to help young students recognize animal movement and specific adaptations! (Pre-K – Grade 1)
iOS, Google Play, and online
With the impact of the STEAM movement in classrooms, Crayola has set aside opportunities for new and exciting products and professional development as well as lesson plan ideas and research to support the effort.
Talk and Comment is a free Chrome Extension that allows you and your students to record voice notes anywhere on the web. Go to the Chrome Web Store to download Talk and Comment. The icon will appear to the right of your search bar in Chrome. A small circle for recording will appear to the right of all online documents. Simply highlight text in a Google Doc, Slide, website, anywhere online and click the record circle. You will instantly have an audio comment! Check out this video to get started.
Tony Vincent Learning in Hand. Tons of tips, ideas for Google, IOS and online classes. Follow him on twitter!
Kasey Bell – Google resources and more Google resources. Follow her on Twitter and Pinterest.
How to make a killer podcast with no experience.
Need a change? Want to shake it up a bit? Tons of ideas for ditching the textbook by Matt Miller. Free e-book.
Final TEC21 Challenges
1. Continue to be a connected educator!
2. Continue to be a life-long learner!
3. Continue to be a resource to others!
You can complete the form below from most web browsers. If you are having difficulty, select the following link to access the Final Reflection directly – https://goo.gl/forms/BC7djs8ifonAbGgO2.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info