March 2022 Agenda—Orange, California
Begin at 9:00am
- Create your own WORDLE using an Easter vocabulary word. Place the link to your wordle in the Padlet board.
- April is “National Poetry Month.” Write your own Magnetic Poetry Poem about anything having to do with the Easter Story using the following link Magnetic Poetry. Take a screen shot of your poem and add to Padlet board too!
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, April 28th.
2. ISTE June 26-29 in New Orleans.(one of the largest educational technology conferences in the world!)
3. This summer, we will be preparing our TEC21 website for “Season 14”, so we encourage you to bookmark the “Season 13” workshop agendas now so you have access to them in the future. Here’s the link – https://tec21connect.com/2021-2022-workshop-agendas/ Note: When we perform quarterly updates on our website’s theme, webpages and various plug-ins, we do not include all of the previous years’ agendas (webpages) in the process. This means that over time past agendas may start to look a little wonky, but the links and resources will still be accessible for you 🙂
4. We are forming our next cohorts for Season 14! Word of mouth and personal testimonies can go a long way helping us support more teachers. Can you please encourage teachers you know to register for a cohort near them? We would GREATLY appreciate it! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
5. “Celebration Day” is next month and it is a time to celebrate each other’s successes! This will be an opportunity for you to share what you have learned and how you have grown as an educator through the processes of sharing best practices with one another, inquiry and implementation through trial and error. What does the format of the day look like and what can you do to prepare?
- Think of the day as a mini-conference and each of you will be the presenters (Remember that you are sharing with friends, so don’t sweat this and have fun with it!)
- Spend approximately 10 minutes showing some things you’ve accomplished this year–what you did, how you did it, and why you did it–and/or some things you are planning to do for next year.
- Select this SHARED FOLDER. Add your first & last name, description & links to your respective center’s collaborative Google Doc in preparation for “Celebration Day”. Do you have samples of student projects hosted on the web? Share those links, too! Here’s an example of a variety of different ways past TEC21 Teachers presented their learning – SAMPLE.
- You might also want to use the Celebration Day guide to help to organize your thoughts. To download a copy to print, click HERE.
6. Three graduate-level credits available through Concordia University, Nebraska:
How to Obtain 3 Graduate-level Credits Through Your TEC21 Experience
Will you be needing to renew your teaching license soon? Are you considering starting a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction within the next five years? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, you might consider applying to Concordia University, Nebraska, to receive three graduate-level credits for your TEC21 experience. There is no additional work that is required of you and the process is simple. The application period will open during February’s workshop day and run through May 15, 2022. For your convenience, a link to the online application will be included on our final three agendas (February, March and April).
First, select the “Apply Here” link to create an account.
Next, complete the fields in the form. Where it asks for Academic Level, select “Non-Degree Coursework”. Where it asks for Entry Term, select “Summer Semester 2022”. Where it asks for Academic Program, select “TEC21”. After completing the remaining fields, select “Create Account”.
Next, check your email for confirmation that your application came through successfully.
Last, select the link provided in the confirmation email to make your online payment in the amount of $240 ($80/credit hour) using a debit or credit card. That’s it! You’re done!
On June 1, transcripts will be available upon request. If you ever have questions regarding how these three graduate-level credits could be applied to a master’s degree program now or in the coming years (they are good for 5 years), contact Anna Boriack, Director of Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Innovation Specialist. She will be happy to help you. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Concordia University, Nebraska is a ministry partner of TEC21, so they may email you from time to time to share opportunities of how these credits could be applied toward graduate-level programs they offer.
Please note: The opportunity detailed above is optional. Additionally, all TEC21 participants will receive a certificate on the final workshop day stating 35 professional development hours have been completed through the TEC21 Workshop Program. How state board of education departments and the 35 LCMS districts recognize these 35 hours of professional development vary from state to state and district to district. Contact your respective state’s board of education department or your LCMS district office if you have any questions on how to renew your certificate or license using your TEC21 experience.
We look forward in Workshop #6 to further discover ways to inspire student learning in technology enriched classrooms.
1. Discover the educational value of Makerspace/STEM activities, robotics and 3d printing activities.
2. Explore Makerspace/STEM, robotics and 3d printing tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Design a student-centered project or assessment involving the Makerspace/STEM ideas and/or robots. Also, create a 3d printable item.
4. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
What is 3d printing? Why is it important?
We will try our hand at 3d printing today by using a CAD program to create an original piece that will be printed on the 3d printers in the lab. The only question is… what do you want to create?
“Giving students a comfortable place to fail.”
- Makerspace Article-Why the Makerspace Movement Matters to Educators
- Let’s Play-pipe cleaner activity-use 10 pipe cleaners with a partner to make a structure as high as possible
- Paper Circuits-Paper Circuits and Literature
- More paper circuit information and where to get paper circuit materials-Chibitronics, Amazon
- Makey Makey-Ever played Mario on Play-Doh or Piano on Bananas? Alligator clip the Internet to your world and start inventing the future. Makey Makey: An Invention Kit for Everyone.
Robotics for Every Budget
This guide will show you how to make a bristlebot which is a simple robot created from a toothbrush and a vibrating motor. This makerspace project is great for K-6 students and older because of its simplicity and fun.
“Ozobot is a little toy robot that blends the physical and digital worlds — and teaches kids programming.” VentureBeat ($100)
Dash and Dot
Every day, classrooms around the world demonstrate the powerful sense of collaboration and hands-on learning that Dash, Dot, and Cue inspire in students.
Top Digital Tools & Resources on 3d Printing
Center- and Educator-Specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Prepare for Celebration Day! You’ll be among friends, so have fun with this! Use the outline below with its questions and strategies to prepare for the day. To download and print a copy, click HERE.
2. Social: Post to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. It can be to ask a question, leave a comment, answer someone’s question, share something that is on your mind, or simply to encourage someone.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
4. Season 14 cohorts are forming now! Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Personal testimonies go a long way, so we would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for the 2022/2023 school year. They could be teachers from your school or any other school for that matter. With your help we will be able to impact more teachers and their students for the sake of the gospel. Share with them how valuable it’s been to you to be able to connect with other teachers serving in Lutheran schools outside of your school building and the positive impact it’s having on you and your students. We thank you in advance for any support of our efforts that you can give to us. Thank you for supporting our mission and vision and being an ambassador for TEC21! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Facebook: Sarah Grack
Instagram: Sarah Grack