March 2021 Agenda—Fort Wayne, Indiana (6-12 Cohort)
Begin at 9:00am
- To Wifi:
- Network: TEC21
- Password: **given out in class**
- How to get to today’s agenda: If you can read this, you’re already there.
- A Quick Note: Don’t forget to order your lunch!
With Holy Week around the corner, I thought it would be neat to look at two devotions you could share with your own students. These are great videos that are both memorable and share a powerful message.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Friday, April 30th, 2021. It will be our Celebration Day!
2. If you have never gone to a technology conference or connected with an educator technology group/organization I would encourage a few of the following options
- Indiana Connected Educators (ICE)
- Note: Annual fall conference held near Indy.
- Note: This year, because of COVID-19 it was held virtually in July. Click on the link above to learn more about ICE and maybe set a goal to go to their annual conference within the next few years!
- Michigan Association of Computer User Learning (MACUL)
- Note: Normally held in the early spring. This year’s conference was virtual and was last week!
- International Society of Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Note: Annual International Conference Held Each Summer.
3. Don’t forget to place your lunch order: https://delivery.panerabread.com/ Lunch will take place around 12:00 AM. Plan to pick up lunch at Panera between 12:00 PM & 12:30 PM.
4. This summer, we will be preparing our TEC21 website for “Season 13” so we encourage you to bookmark the “Season 12” workshop agendas now so you have access to them in the future. Here’s the link – https://tec21connect.com/2020-2021-workshop-agendas/ Note: When we perform quarterly updates on our website’s theme, webpages and various plug-ins, we do not include all of the previous years’ agendas (webpages) in the process. This means that over time past agendas may start to look a little wonky, but the links and resources will still be accessible for you 🙂
5. Our next cohorts for the 2021/2022 school year are filling up fast! We know that word of mouth and personal testimonies or words of encouragement can go a long way. So, if you can encourage a teacher to register, we would greatly appreciate it! As a thank you, for every teacher that registers on account of you, we will enter both your name and theirs into our drawing announcing two winners at the end of March for a chance to win your choice of a $50 gift card to Teachers Pay Teachers or Amazon! Do you have other friends or family members teaching in Lutheran schools? If so, you can encourage them to join a cohort near them and we’ll again enter your name and theirs also. The more teachers you get to register, the more times your name will be entered into the drawing. All you need to do is encourage someone to register for TEC21 for the 2021/2022 school year and reach out to Helena (email@example.com). In order to be officially submitted in the drawing, she needs to have your name and the teacher you encouraged. #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
4. “Celebration Day” is next month and it is a time to celebrate each other’s successes! What does the format of the day look like and what can you do to prepare? This will be an opportunity for you to share what you have learned and how you have grown as an educator through the processes of inquiry, investigation, and implementation. How can you prepare?
- Think of the day as a mini-conference and each of you will be the presenters (Remember that you are sharing with friends, so keep this all in perspective and have fun with this.)
- Spend approximately 10 minutes showing some things you’ve accomplished this year – what you did, how you did it, and why you did it.
- Click on the SHARED DOCUMENTS to add your first & last name, description & links to your respective center’s Google Doc in preparation for “Celebration Day”. Do you have samples of student projects hosted on the web? Share those links, too! Here’s an example of a variety of different ways past TEC21 Teachers presented their learning – SAMPLE.
- You might also want to use the Celebration Day guide to help to organize your thoughts. To download a copy to print, click HERE.
How to Obtain 3 Graduate-level Credits Through Your TEC21 Experience
Will you be needing to renew your teaching license soon? Are you thinking about pursuing a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, we encourage you to consider applying to Concordia University, Nebraska, to receive three graduate-level credits for your TEC21 experience. There is no additional work that is required of you and the process is simple. The online application is now open and runs through May 15, 2021. Follow these four easy steps to apply:
First, select the “Apply Here” link to create an account.
Next, complete the fields in the form. Where it asks for Academic Level, select “Non-Degree Coursework”. Where it asks for Entry Term, select “Summer Semester 2021”. Where it asks for Academic Program, select “TEC21”. After completing the remaining fields, select “Create Account”.
Now, check your email for confirmation that your application came through successfully.
Lastly, select the link provided in the confirmation email to make your online payment in the amount of $240 ($80/credit hour) using a debit or credit card. That’s it! You’re done!
On June 1, transcripts will be available upon request. If you ever have questions regarding how these three graduate-level credits could be applied to a master’s degree program now or in the coming years (they are good for 5 years), contact Anna Boriack, Director of Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Innovation Specialist. She will be happy to help you. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Concordia University, Nebraska is a ministry partner of TEC21, so they may email you from time to time to share opportunities of how these credits could be applied toward graduate-level programs they offer.
Please note: The opportunity detailed above is optional. Additionally, all TEC21 participants will receive a certificate on the final workshop day stating 35 professional development hours have been completed through the TEC21 Workshop Program. How state board of education departments and the 35 LCMS districts recognize these 35 hours of professional development vary from state to state and district to district. (For example, see how the Kansas District of the LCMS Licensure Renewal has a distinct process in place for the teachers serving in this district.) So, be sure to contact your respective state’s board of education department or your LCMS district office if you have any questions on how to renew your certificate or license using your TEC21 experience!
A Blessing and Challenge
Let’s take some time to reflect on this past year and share out one blessing from this past school year and then let’s all share one challenge we have faced. These do not need to be technology related. Sometimes these are also referred to as Keeps & Kicks. What is something you will keep doing and what is something you will kick to the curb!
1. Discover ways to collect, collaborate and share online resources using wakelet.
2. Explore ways to get students sharing work using social media templates and gifs.
3. Design a presentation for Celebration Day that highlights your growth and the things you have tried this school year OR that shares your journey exploring a tool or project.
4. Lastly, strive to serve another teacher by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Today we will be working again on lessons I developed inside of Google Classroom!
To get started, you will need to go to https://classroom.google.com! You should still have access to our TEC21 Google Classroom Lessons. If you need to rejoin or need to join with a different account you can follow the instructions for joining on last month’s agenda by clicking here: bit.ly/FWFebSn12
Today we will be exploring ways to creatively share, collect and collaborate online with an emphasis on presentations and research. We will be looking at:
- Wakelet (an online information curation tool…similar but also different from padlet)
- Google Slides Social Media Templates and Examples
- Infographic and Poster Design Presentations
Digital Tools & Resources
1. Digital: Prepare for Celebration Day! Have fun with this! Use the questions and strategies on the following document to prepare for the day: click HERE.
2. Social: Registration for the TEC21 Workshop Program for the 2021/2022 school year opened on January 2, 2021. Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Share with them the value of connecting with other teachers serving in Lutheran schools and the impact it’s having on you and your students. Thank you in advance for being an ambassador for TEC21 and supporting our vision and mission for the sake of the Gospel! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
Dismiss at 2:00pm