March 2021 Agenda—Collinsville, Illinois
Begin at 9:00am
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
2 Corinthians 5:21
For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
1 Corinthians 15:55-57
55 “O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?”
56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, 25 to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
3. Our next cohorts for the 2021/2022 school year are filling up fast! We know that word of mouth and personal testimonies or words of encouragement can go a long way. So, if you can encourage a teacher to register, we would greatly appreciate it! As a thank you, for every teacher that registers on account of you, we will enter both your name and theirs into our drawing announcing two winners at the end of March for a chance to win your choice of a $50 gift card to Teachers Pay Teachers or Amazon! Do you have other friends or family members teaching in Lutheran schools? If so, you can encourage them to join a cohort near them and we’ll again enter your name and theirs also. The more teachers you get to register, the more times your name will be entered into the drawing. All you need to do is encourage someone to register for TEC21 for the 2021/2022 school year and reach out to Helena (firstname.lastname@example.org). In order to be officially submitted in the drawing, she needs to have your name and the teacher you encouraged. #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
4. “Celebration Day” is next month and it is a time to celebrate each other’s successes! What does the format of the day look like and what can you do to prepare? This will be an opportunity for you to share what you have learned and how you have grown as an educator through the processes of inquiry, investigation, and implementation. How can you prepare?
- Think of the day as a mini-conference and each of you will be the presenters (Remember that you are sharing with friends, so keep this all in perspective and have fun with this.)
- Spend approximately 10 minutes showing some things you’ve accomplished this year – what you did, how you did it, and why you did it.
- Click on the SHARED DOCUMENTS to add your first & last name, description & links to your respective center’s Google Doc in preparation for “Celebration Day”. Do you have samples of student projects hosted on the web? Share those links, too! Here’s an example of a variety of different ways past TEC21 Teachers presented their learning – SAMPLE.
- You might also want to use the Celebration Day guide to help to organize your thoughts. To download a copy to print, click HERE.
How to Obtain 3 Graduate-level Credits Through Your TEC21 Experience
Will you be needing to renew your teaching license soon? Are you thinking about pursuing a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, we encourage you to consider applying to Concordia University, Nebraska, to receive three graduate-level credits for your TEC21 experience. There is no additional work that is required of you and the process is simple. The online application is now open and runs through May 15, 2021. Follow these four easy steps to apply:
First, select the “Apply Here” link to create an account.
Next, complete the fields in the form. Where it asks for Academic Level, select “Non-Degree Coursework”. Where it asks for Entry Term, select “Summer Semester 2021”. Where it asks for Academic Program, select “TEC21”. After completing the remaining fields, select “Create Account”.
Now, check your email for confirmation that your application came through successfully.
Lastly, select the link provided in the confirmation email to make your online payment in the amount of $240 ($80/credit hour) using a debit or credit card. That’s it! You’re done!
On June 1, transcripts will be available upon request. If you ever have questions regarding how these three graduate-level credits could be applied to a master’s degree program now or in the coming years (they are good for 5 years), contact Anna Boriack, Director of Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Innovation Specialist. She will be happy to help you. Her email address is email@example.com. Concordia University, Nebraska is a ministry partner of TEC21, so they may email you from time to time to share opportunities of how these credits could be applied toward graduate-level programs they offer.
Please note: The opportunity detailed above is optional. Additionally, all TEC21 participants will receive a certificate on the final workshop day stating 35 professional development hours have been completed through the TEC21 Workshop Program. How state board of education departments and the 35 LCMS districts recognize these 35 hours of professional development vary from state to state and district to district. (For example, see how the Kansas District of the LCMS Licensure Renewal has a distinct process in place for the teachers serving in this district.) So, be sure to contact your respective state’s board of education department or your LCMS district office if you have any questions on how to renew your certificate or license using your TEC21 experience!
1. Discover the value of incorporating robotics and coding into student learninng.
2. Explore tools and apps for coding and robotics.
3. Design a student-centered activity, lesson, or project using coding or robotics.
4. Be a resource to another teacher by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Coding and Robotics
Escape Classroom/Breakout Edu
Physical Escape Rooms
Digital Escape Rooms
Digital Tools & Resources (FORMAT OPTION #1)
Discover more than a million resources in the Smithsonian, create personal collections and educational experiences, and share your work. The ability to search, annotate, curate, share, and remix resources opens the door for creative use in almost every classroom. The annotation tools are easy to use and collections are completely customizable. Grades 4-12
PhysEd on YouTube A great resource for PE activities. Easy videos to follow and great directions with models for how to play games and do the activities.
Build Math Minds A great website for practical ideas on how to help students build number sense, become more confident with math, and become more fluent. There is a Build Math Minds online conference in late July/ Early August that is very much worth your time!
Math Trails Great blog post on how to incorporate math by going outside your classroom.
Generation Genius Lots of science and math videos and lessons.
EB Academics podcast Created by teachers for teachers, EB Academics shares ways to enhance your teaching. Geared more for Language Arts, but could be applied in other subject ares with writing.
Ask a Tech Teacher Many, many, many resources for incorporating technology into your classroom.
GeoGuesser Great geography activity! Look for clues in a mystery location to identify where you are and make a guess. Points are awarded based on how close you got to the actual location.
Newspaper Generator Students write a story and give it a catchy title and it will create a “real” newspaper clipping.
Mental Wellness Toolkit for Teachers Lots of ideas for teachers and students to support mental wellness.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Prepare for Celebration Day! Have fun with this! Use the questions and strategies on the following document to prepare for the day: click HERE.
2. Social: Registration for the TEC21 Workshop Program for the 2021/2022 school year opened on January 2, 2021. Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Share with them the value of connecting with other teachers serving in Lutheran schools and the impact it’s having on you and your students. Thank you in advance for being an ambassador for TEC21 and supporting our vision and mission for the sake of the Gospel! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
Dismiss at 2:00pm