March 2019 Agenda—Boone, Iowa
Begin at 9:00am
- WiFi: Connect to the wifi network called “TLS” and use the password “crusader”
- How to get to today’s agenda: Here is the link to ALL the TEC21 agenda sites. https://tec21connect.com/20182019-workshop-agendas/
- To each other – Mingle, refresh, load-up and laugh! Thank you Heather for the snacks!
- Lunch: ???
- Group Sharing of Technology Integration: What is one technology project you’ve tried in the classroom? How did it go? Do you have a sample you’d like to showcase?
Feel like playing to get back in the groove? Click Here
Group fun Click Here Quizlet live
Create your own Diamante Poem about Jesus
Announcements & Review
1. Upcoming events:
- The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, APRIL 11
1. Discover the educational value of student-created video activities.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Design a student-centered project or assessment involving student and the use of video.
4. Be a resource to another teacher by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
5. Encourage a colleague to register for next year’s workshops https://tec21connect.com/registration/
Stop Motion Video
Tools For Student and Teacher Video Creation
1) Movie Trailers – Imagine using this for a book report!
2) ScreenCast Lesson – Ready to FLIP your classroom? Record your screen as you teach something.
Screencast-O-Matic A web-based tool
Screencastify Works on Chromebooks
Quicktime Do you have a Mac? You have quicktime.
3) Music Based Teaching – (For you extroverts) Think that nobody writes good songs about Graphing Exponential Functions anymore? Think again.
How to Set it Up (video)
Digital Citizenship Integration
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when integrating video creation in the classroom?
- Internet Safety
- Privacy & Security
- Relationships & Communication
- Digital Footprint & Reputation
- Self-image & Identity
- Information Literacy
- Creative Credit & Copyright
Little or No Prep Tools & Resources
Screencastify is a free a web-based tool that let’s you record on-screen activity for short tutorials, visual presentations, and communicate while you demonstrate! Free 10 minute recordings of screen only or videocamera of speaker in corner with screen. Publish to YouTube or save as a video file.
Educreations. Best screencasting tool I use because it’s so easy. Change background, write while you talk, capture images and voice. Students can use to explain their process in math, or expand upon a picture story they created. Simply take a picture of the child’s work or let them work it on the iPad or laptop, then record the student’s voice explaining process. Engage students with video to capture ideas, share instantly, replay anytime. Publish current Educreations video before beginning a new one (only one new project may be worked on at a time).
Do Ink makes it easy to create incredible green screen videos and images right on your iPad or iPhone. The app lets you combine photos and videos from the camera roll with live images from your iPad or iPhone’s camera. Featured in “Best New Apps in Education.”
Stop Motion Create beautiful stop motion animated movies anywhere instantly on your device. Everything you need is right at your fingertips. No computer needed. It’s simple to use, deceptively powerful and insanely fun to play with. Create fantastic movies your friends will enjoy or share it with the world on YouTube, Facebook and other sites.
Create screencast videos with a screen recorder. It’s fast, free and easy to use! Capture your screen, add a webcam and use narration to customize your video.
Create a Fake Text Message Conversation
Use pictures for a variety of classroom projects
Upload and share audio really fast. record your students reading in a moment! Listen later-record a reading for them to listen to later. You can think of more I am sure…
A new kind of work communication tool that helps you get your message across through instantly shareable videos.
MSQRD (Masquerade) is automatic selfie video recording app where your students can put on a mask and tell a story as a character. When they are finished it will save to photos where you can export it to Seesaw, Google Drive, any place you can share photos! And it’s so fun! Try it out.
Use mysimpleshow in the classroom with your students or contribute to open educational resources. Introduce, summarize, and explain topics worth sharing.
K-sketch is a “kinetic” sketch pad. Create animations in minutes.
Easily find educational videos from TV shows and movies to use in your lessons
Games, mind, strategic activities, competition mode organized by grade level
[vc_separator type=”” size=”” icon=”” text=””]
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
Collaboration! We are each other’s BEST resources 🙂
1. Apply what you learned today by designing a lesson, a student project or an assessment strategy which involves the use of video. Feel free to share your end product by adding it to this Padlet for others to see!
2. Be an inspiration to someone in the Google+ community by posting a comment, link, or something that your and your students have been working on.
3. Be a resource to another teacher on your faculty by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info