Begin at 9:00am
How did National Lutheran Schools Week go?
Have you tried anything with technology lately? How did it go?
What are your plans for spring break? Anyone else crawling across the finish line?
Announcements & Review
1. Upcoming events:
- The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, April 5.
- #LuthEd Twitter chats take place on Monday evenings from 8:00-9:00CST throughout the school year.
2. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
1. Discover the value of video creation.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Identify a tool or resource to share with another teacher at your school.
Student Video Creations
Video Paper Slides
TouchCast Studio – Easy to make videos with preset features to help you create polished videos.
Digital Storytelling/Screen Casting
Digital Citizenship Integration
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when integrating video creation in the classroom?
- Internet Safety
- Privacy & Security
- Relationships & Communication
- Digital Footprint & Reputation
- Self-image & Identity
- Information Literacy
- Creative Credit & Copyright
Little or No Prep Tools & Resources
Educreations is one of the best loved whiteboard apps because it is easy to use and integrate into curriculum. It is an iPad app to create an Educreation, but it is not necessary to have the app to view the creations. There is a premium upgrade available if you want to export your videos versus just sharing a link to watch them.
My Simple Show – Teach the world. Use mysimpleshow in the classroom with your students or contribute to open educational resources. Introduce, summarize, and explain topics worth sharing. Free for educators!
A photo editing tool that creates talking animations from a photo or other image. Browse the ready-made blabbers or create new ones. There are some real treasures among the ready-mades. These will help you get ideas for ways to use a Blabber!
Work on your students’ public speaking skills! Each presenter gets 20 slides with 15 seconds per slide.
MathPickle.com is a free online resource of original mathematical puzzles, games and unsolved problems for K-12 teachers. It is supported by the American Institute of Mathematics. Its visually compelling puzzles and games engage students in tough problem solving. Its puzzles are organized by grade and subject – each designed for a 45-60 minute period. All have low-floor, high-ceiling. They engage struggling students in curricular skill acquisition, and deflect top students into tenacity-building challenges.
A blog post from Free Technology for Teachers.
YouTube video essays are long-form (relative to many other internet videos) critical videos that make arguments about media and culture. They’re usually meticulously narrated and edited, juxtaposing video footage, images, audio, and text to make an argument much like a writer would do in a traditional essay.
Try in your math center to teach fractions, money, geometric shapes, math vocabulary and much more! This site offers each of these free apps as web apps, Apple apps, and Chrome apps! Click on the site and start trying these tools out! Note that you need to provide problems and feedback to students to facilitate their learning.
Grammarly is a Chrome add-on that you can have not only spell check your work, but also check your grammar and see suggestions on how to improve your writing. Can be used in emails as well as documents.
Create your own word search easily.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
Collaboration! We are each other’s BEST resources 🙂
1. Apply what you learned today by creating a student-created video activity or a teacher-created screencast to teach a lesson to your students. Share your experience by adding it to the Padlet above!
2. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
3. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Instagram – @emily_hollendoner