Begin at 9:00am
This is a time of reconnecting to find out what’s been going on in everyone’s lives since the last workshop.
What struck you about these looks at Easter?
What can we pray about today?
Announcements & Review
1. Upcoming events:
- The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, April 26.
- #LuthEd Twitter chats take place on Monday evenings from 8:00-9:00CST throughout the school year.
2. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
“1. Discover the value of video creation.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Identify a tool or resource to share with another teacher at your school.”
3. “Celebration Day” is coming up! What does the format of the day look like and what can you do to prepare?
- Think of the day as a mini-conference and each of you will be the presenters.
- 10-15 minutes show something(s) you’ve accomplished this year – what you did, how you did it and why you did it.
- Click on the SHARED DOCUMENTS. (Link to Munster alone.)Locate your center’s doc and add your name, a description of what you’re sharing and provide your links. Have samples of student projects hosted on the web? Share those links, too! Here’s an example of what the line-up looked like at one of the workshop centers a couple years ago – SAMPLE.
- Consider what device or devices you will use.
- Use the outline below with its questions and strategies to prepare for the day.
Big Takeaways from ICE
What Did you not have 15 years ago!
If a robot can grade it It should!
If a robot can grade it then the student should be able to retake as often as they need to!
Don’t Tell kids things they can look up!
1. Discover the value of…
2. Explore… to use with your students.
3. Identify a tool or resource to share with another teacher at your school.
Retakes of your choosing and my take on a couple of topics
From Your Reflections
Green screen Touchcast studio (ios 11) and do ink($2.99) only way for chrome is to pay for We Video($200/30) or windows software like camtasia($199) or Cam Studio(free)
Work on their own and free:
Kahn academy – Foremost in Math practice and video instruction
Resources for teaching Math: Google calculator
Math games: see Gamification topic
Getting Students to your google form — Best way through classroom, next email the link, link in a document that is shared,
My Take On Digital Citizenship
Digital Citizenship Integration
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when ______? (Adjust your questions/discussion based on the topic you chose for today.)
- Internet Safety
- Privacy & Security
- Relationships & Communication
- Digital Footprint & Reputation
- Self-image & Identity
- Information Literacy
- Creative Credit & Copyright
Little or No Prep Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Post a comment, link, or student work to the TEC21’s online Google+ community.
2. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
3. Brainstorm your best way to share your Celebration Day project with the TEC21 community and/or your school community.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Website: Links For teaching by Mark
1780 Career Center Road, Bourbonnais, Illinois, 60914