February 2022 Agenda–Green Bay, Wisconsin
Begin at 9:00am
- To Wifi:
- Network: PLCSGUEST
- Password: pilgrim123
- How to get to today’s agenda: If you can read this, you’re already there.
- To each other – Greet your fellow TEC21 participants!
- Sign up for Snacks – Here’s a list for anyone who’s willing to bring snacks for the rest of our dates.
- Go to bit.ly/GBFebSn13
- Google Meet Link
- Recorded Google Meet
The Passion Story
Create a Diamante Poem about Jesus….
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. Digital: Engage your students in a collaborative learning activity to enrich a lesson or unit. You might even consider teaming with another teacher on your faculty or one from anywhere around the world.
2. Social: Post to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, or a picture of you and your students engaging in a collaborative learning activity.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource for one of your colleagues at your school by sharing a digital tool, a teaching strategy or learning activity.
4. Season 14 cohorts are forming now! Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Personal testimonies go a long way, so we would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for the 2022/2023 school year. They could be teachers from your school or any other school for that matter. With your help, we will be able to impact more teachers and their students for the sake of the gospel. Share with them how valuable it’s been to you to be able to connect with other teachers serving in Lutheran schools outside of your school building and the positive impact it’s having on you and your students. We thank you in advance for any support of our efforts that you can give to us. Thank you for supporting our mission and vision and being an ambassador for TEC21! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd UPDATE: There are 10 registered participants for Season 14. Thank you!!!!
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, March 17.
2. LEA 2022 is on October 6-8, 2022 right here in Milwaukee, WI!!! Start talking to your administrator and let’s see how many NWD teachers we can get to go.
3. This summer, we will be preparing our TEC21 website for “Season 14”, so we encourage you to bookmark the “Season 13” workshop agendas now so you have access to them in the future. Here’s the link – https://tec21connect.com/2021-2022-workshop-agendas/ Note: When we perform quarterly updates on our website’s theme, webpages, and various plug-ins, we do not include all of the previous years’ agendas (webpages) in the process. This means that over time past agendas may start to look a little wonky, but the links and resources will still be accessible for you 🙂
4. Looking ahead to the remaining sessions.. As a reminder, our final workshop day has been dubbed “Celebration Day” because there is much to celebrate. Throughout the course of the school year we have made new friendships, prayed for one another, acquired new resources, developed or refined our teaching practices, and have grown our network of support. The last session’s format is unique among the others in that each of you will share some of the ways in which you implemented your ideas or projects to enhance your teaching and student learning. Think of this as a mini-conference where each of you will have 10-15 minutes to share with the group how your TEC21 experience has impacted your classroom. It’ll be among friends so there’s no need to get worked up about it. Here’s an outline to guide you in your planning – “Celebration Day”. Again, remember this is a low-key, no pressure, fun day to share with each other our successes (and yes failures) as well as aspirations you for things you might want to do the next school year!
5. Throughout this program, we have been emphasizing the value of being connected educators in Lutheran education today. In September, we shared specific platforms in which TEC21 facilitators and teachers are able to connect online to further build and strengthen their professional learning networks. As we find ourselves about half way through this series of workshops, what a great time to reflect on the benefits of being able to gather together for these monthly sessions to be equipped, trained, encouraged, and supported. We also hope the relationships that are being built this year will continue to be a blessing to your teaching ministry for many years to come! Know that as a team of facilitators, we will always be here to support you! #LutheranSchoolsThrive
6. Three graduate-level credits available through Concordia University, Nebraska:
How to Obtain 3 Graduate-level Credits Through Your TEC21 Experience
Will you be needing to renew your teaching license soon? Are you considering starting a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction within the next five years? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, you might consider applying to Concordia University, Nebraska, to receive three graduate-level credits for your TEC21 experience. There is no additional work that is required of you and the process is simple. The application period will open during February’s workshop day and run through May 15, 2022. For your convenience, a link to the online application will be included on our final three agendas (February, March and April).
First, select the “Apply Here” link to create an account.
Next, complete the fields in the form. Where it asks for Academic Level, select “Non-Degree Coursework”. Where it asks for Entry Term, select “Summer Semester 2022”. Where it asks for Academic Program, select “TEC21”. After completing the remaining fields, select “Create Account”.
Next, check your email for confirmation that your application came through successfully.
Last, select the link provided in the confirmation email to make your online payment in the amount of $240 ($80/credit hour) using a debit or credit card. That’s it! You’re done!
On June 1, transcripts will be available upon request. If you ever have questions regarding how these three graduate-level credits could be applied to a master’s degree program now or in the coming years (they are good for 5 years), contact Anna Boriack, Director of Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Innovation Specialist. She will be happy to help you. Her email address is email@example.com. Concordia University, Nebraska is a ministry partner of TEC21, so they may email you from time to time to share opportunities of how these credits could be applied toward graduate-level programs they offer.
Please note: The opportunity detailed above is optional. Additionally, all TEC21 participants will receive a certificate on the final workshop day stating 35 professional development hours have been completed through the TEC21 Workshop Program. How state board of education departments and the 35 LCMS districts recognize these 35 hours of professional development vary from state to state and district to district. In light of this, be sure to contact your respective state’s board of education department or your LCMS district office if you have any questions on how to renew your certificate or license using your TEC21 experience.
1. Discover the educational value of student-created video activities.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Design a student-centered project or assessment involving the use of video.
4. Be a resource to another teacher by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Assignment 1: Use Screencastify to create a basic tutorial for your students, staff, or parents
Screencastify Record is Chrome’s most trusted video-creation tool. Create, edit, and share videos in seconds. Plus, quickly assess viewer understanding with interactive questions. To create the perfect video, including your desktop, browser tab, and/or your webcam to showcase your presentation, ideas, and personality.
The Assignment: Use Screencastify to make a short 1-2 minute tutorial for your students, staff, or parents that can help them with a tool you use at school. Once you’re done, upload it to YouTube and drop the link on this Google Sheet.
Assignment 2: Use DoInk Green Screen or WeVideo to create a green screen story with a buddy.
The Assignment: Use Green Screen by DoInk or WeVideo’s Chromakey feature to create a short (2-4 minute) video. I’ve provided you with Lego, green table cloths, green silverware, tape, and time. Enjoy!
Green Screen Stock Video Footage – A link to some stock footage if you’d like to play around with some scenes.
I’ve also linked two simple tutorials below.
I struggled with the ‘trial’ version so I made a classroom for you to join. Hit the link below and we’ll see what we can all do together. – Mike
Assignment 3: Use Flipgrid to share your experience in education these past two years.
Let’s make a connection around the globe and learn WITH one another. Please make a video and address the following prompts:
– Introduce yourself to your fellow educators.
– Describe what teaching has been like for you during the pandemic.
– What are some successes and challenges you have experienced during this time?
– Do you have any questions for teachers in the Philippines/America to answer?
After you post your video, please listen to and reply to several videos from our partner TEC21 site.
You can also check out GridPals to see if there are other educators you’d like to connect with.
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Video Creation
Center/Educator-Specific Digital Tools & Resources
This, That & the Other
Season 13 Appetizer List
I’ve loved reading over your comments and responses in the post-workshop surverys! In preparing for today’s workshop, I saw that many of you said something to the effect of, “Just keep bringing good tech!”. With that in mind, I’ve created a basic list of the tech that we’ve covered already. Some of you may have already dug into these items, but I thought it wise to review all of the topics/websites/apps/resources that we’ve covered so far. Enjoy!
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
- Digital: Apply what you learned today by designing a lesson, a student project or an assessment strategy involving the use of video.
- Social: Post to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you and your students or a link to a completed project your students created.
- Spiritual: Be a resource to another teacher on your faculty by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
- Missional: Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Personal testimonies go a long way, so we would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for the 2022/2023 school year. They could be teachers from your school or any other school for that matter. With your help we will be able to impact more teachers and their students for the sake of the gospel. Share with them how valuable it’s been to you to be able to connect with other teachers serving in Lutheran schools outside of your school building and the positive impact it’s having on you and your students. We thank you in advance for any support of our efforts that you can give to us. Thank you for supporting our mission and vision and being an ambassador for TEC21! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
My Contact Info
SchmidtM@newlhs.com – @tchrmschmidt – on Facebook – Instagram –Pinterest – LinkedIn – 715.509.0002