February 2021 Agenda—Seward, Nebraska (EC-12 Cohort)
Begin at 9:00am
Reading: God’s Design
What do you feel are your gifts?
How might they be tied to your purpose or calling?
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Tuesday, March 23rd.
2. This summer, we will be preparing our TEC21 website for “Season 13” so we encourage you to bookmark the “Season 12” workshop agendas now so you have access to them in the future. Here’s the link – https://tec21connect.com/2020-2021-workshop-agendas/ Note: When we perform quarterly updates on our website’s theme, webpages and various plug-ins, we do not include all of the previous years’ agendas (webpages) in the process. This means that over time past agendas may start to look a little wonky, but the links and resources will still be accessible for you 🙂
3. Three graduate-level credits available through Concordia University, Nebraska:
How to Obtain 3 Graduate-level Credits Through Your TEC21 Experience
Will you be needing to renew your teaching license soon? Are you thinking about pursuing a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, we encourage you to consider applying to Concordia University, Nebraska, to receive three graduate-level credits for your TEC21 experience. There is no additional work that is required of you and the process is simple. The online application is now open and runs through May 15, 2021. Follow these four easy steps to apply:
First, select the “Apply Here” link to create an account.
Next, complete the fields in the form. Where it asks for Academic Level, select “Non-Degree Coursework”. Where it asks for Entry Term, select “Summer Semester 2021”. Where it asks for Academic Program, select “TEC21”. After completing the remaining fields, select “Create Account”.
Now, check your email for confirmation that your application came through successfully.
Lastly, select the link provided in the confirmation email to make your online payment in the amount of $240 ($80/credit hour) using a debit or credit card. That’s it! You’re done!
On June 1, transcripts will be available upon request. If you ever have questions regarding how these three graduate-level credits could be applied to a master’s degree program now or in the coming years (they are good for 5 years), contact Anna Boriack, Director of Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Innovation Specialist. She will be happy to help you. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Concordia University, Nebraska is a ministry partner of TEC21, so they may email you from time to time to share opportunities of how these credits could be applied toward graduate-level programs they offer.
Please note: The opportunity detailed above is optional. Additionally, all TEC21 participants will receive a certificate on the final workshop day stating 35 professional development hours have been completed through the TEC21 Workshop Program. How state board of education departments and the 35 LCMS districts recognize these 35 hours of professional development vary from state to state and district to district. (For example, see how the Kansas District of the LCMS Licensure Renewal has a distinct process in place for the teachers serving in this district.) So, be sure to contact your respective state’s board of education department or your LCMS district office if you have any questions on how to renew your certificate or license using your TEC21 experience!
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. Discover the educational value of student-created video activities.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Design a student-centered project or assessment involving the use of video.
4. Be a resource to another teacher by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Students can go ANYWHERE with green screen. Let’s see what happens when we use chromavid and get creative.
- Weather Forecast
- Historical News Broadcasting
- Digital Story Telling
Stop Motion Video
Looking for a fun new way to get students to present information? Have your students started using paper slides and you just need something new to add to the rotation? Look no further, stop-motion is for you!
Fan Favorite Video Assignments
- Unboxing Video
- Parody Creations
- Social Media Stories
Digital Tools & Resources
A fan favorite when it comes to educational podcast! Ditch that Textbook could be what inspires your next great technology idea. A new podcast is released every week day and is not usually longer than 15 minutes.
The interactive whiteboard platform where people collaborate, share, and learn without boundaries. Turn ideas into understanding with Explain Everything.
Wanna dive deeper and see the positive impact of a green screens in classrooms? This article breaks down everything from apps to different types of backgrounds.
This podcast could be your next great listen! Get some great ideas, learn how green screen works and even explore how you could implement green screens with at-home learning.
Ready to start using green screens in your classroom. This video is everything you are looking for. It will let you know what supplies you will need, tips in tricks for how to prepare you students and much more!
Ready to get started with stop motion? This article will not only answer all of your questions, but will help you come up with some great ideas for your first, or next, stop motion assignment.
This blog post is great if you’re looking to start using stop motion in your classroom. Learn some tips and tricks to make your first video a whole lot easier.
Embrace creativity! Listen to how a teacher used stop motion and clay to encourage learning among his students.
Your next great student-created video idea is here! This article brings some great, relevant, ideas to the table. Any of these projects will get your students talking and creating with ease!
Create screencast videos with a screen recorder. It’s fast, free and easy to use! Capture your screen, add a webcam and use narration to customize your video.
Students can use to explain their process in math, or expand upon a picture story they created. Simply take a picture of the child’s work or let them work it on the iPad or laptop, then record the student’s voice explaining process. Engage students with video to capture ideas, share instantly, replay anytime. Publish current Educreations video before beginning a new one (only one new project may be worked on at a time).
DriveSlides allows you to create a Google Slides presentation out of images in a Google Drive folder. Simply open a folder in Google Drive that contains JPG, PNG or GIF images. Press the DriveSlides Chrome extension icon to open the Google Slides presentation with your images automatically added. The Slides are created in your Google Drive, within the same folder.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
- Digital: Apply what you learned today by designing a lesson, a student project or an assessment strategy involving the use of video.
- Social: Post to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you and your students or a link to a completed project your students created.
- Spiritual: Be a resource to another teacher on your faculty by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
- Missional: Registration for the TEC21 Workshop Program for the 2021/2022 school is in full swing. Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Share with them the value of connecting with other teachers outside of your school building who are serving together in Lutheran education and the impact it’s having on you and your students. Thank you in advance for being an ambassador for TEC21 and supporting our vision and mission for the sake of the Gospel! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info