February 2021 Agenda—Rockford, Illinois
Begin at 9:00am
“But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth” (Exodus 9:16).
Philippians 2:11 “And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”
The Lord and His purposes are perfect, but we are not. We are assailed by doubts and fears that many times keep us from living out the purposes that He has established for us. However, we can overcome this by consistently reading and studying His word so that our faith will be made stronger day by day.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, March 25th.
3. This summer, we will be preparing our TEC21 website for “Season 13” so we encourage you to bookmark the “Season 12” workshop agendas now so you have access to them in the future. Here’s the link – https://tec21connect.com/2020-2021-workshop-agendas/ Note: When we perform quarterly updates on our website’s theme, webpages and various plug-ins, we do not include all of the previous years’ agendas (webpages) in the process. This means that over time past agendas may start to look a little wonky, but the links and resources will still be accessible for you 🙂
4. Three graduate-level credits available through Concordia University, Nebraska:
How to Obtain 3 Graduate-level Credits Through Your TEC21 Experience
Will you be needing to renew your teaching license soon? Are you thinking about pursuing a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, we encourage you to consider applying to Concordia University, Nebraska, to receive three graduate-level credits for your TEC21 experience. There is no additional work that is required of you and the process is simple. The online application is now open and runs through May 15, 2021. Follow these four easy steps to apply:
First, select the “Apply Here” link to create an account.
Next, complete the fields in the form. Where it asks for Academic Level, select “Non-Degree Coursework”. Where it asks for Entry Term, select “Summer Semester 2021”. Where it asks for Academic Program, select “TEC21”. After completing the remaining fields, select “Create Account”.
Now, check your email for confirmation that your application came through successfully.
Lastly, select the link provided in the confirmation email to make your online payment in the amount of $240 ($80/credit hour) using a debit or credit card. That’s it! You’re done!
On June 1, transcripts will be available upon request. If you ever have questions regarding how these three graduate-level credits could be applied to a master’s degree program now or in the coming years (they are good for 5 years), contact Anna Boriack, Director of Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Innovation Specialist. She will be happy to help you. Her email address is email@example.com. Concordia University, Nebraska is a ministry partner of TEC21, so they may email you from time to time to share opportunities of how these credits could be applied toward graduate-level programs they offer.
Please note: The opportunity detailed above is optional. Additionally, all TEC21 participants will receive a certificate on the final workshop day stating 35 professional development hours have been completed through the TEC21 Workshop Program. How state board of education departments and the 35 LCMS districts recognize these 35 hours of professional development vary from state to state and district to district. (For example, see how the Kansas District of the LCMS Licensure Renewal has a distinct process in place for the teachers serving in this district.) So, be sure to contact your respective state’s board of education department or your LCMS district office if you have any questions on how to renew your certificate or license using your TEC21 experience!
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. Discover the educational value of student-created video activities.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Design a student-centered project or assessment involving the use of video.
4. Be a resource to another teacher by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Skip ahead to 1:04 for the start of the tutorials.
Here’s a link to the full playlist of Kevin’s channel for the 10 tutorials.
Screencastify – Free screen recorder extension for Chrome. Capture, edit and share screencasts. No software download required. Works on Mac, Windows and Chromebooks.
Screencastify has their own classroom resource link which is a collection of everything you’ll need to get the most out of Screencastify. Check out the various pieces at this link.
See some examples of how to use in the classroom.
SMART Notebook also has a record feature for those using SMART boards. Check out this tutorial for more information.
Do Ink – Some great student projects. Film them in front of a green screen, then insert any picture that they can tell what they learned about it: historical location, weather map, diagram of human body, etc.
Touch Cast – Create a newscast or other video with video apps you can bring in: websites, pictures, calendar, Twitter, maps, etc.
Top 5 best green screen apps everyone can use in 2020.
Stop Motion Video
Here are video instructions if you’d like to do something similar in your classroom.
Flipping Your Classroom
TEC21 provides the opportunity for educators to explore technology tools and implement those into a meaningful project that enhances their current pedagogy and content. This gives educators the opportunity to make choices based on their interests and adapt those to benefit students. This concept is a natural pairing with Genius Hour.
Genius Hour Unit 4: Learn and Explore
Follow your plan for your project. Answer any questions you may have through personal research or by asking a colleague. Investigate and explore your options. Begin with those first few steps as a guide for development. Be sure to record your roadblocks and resolutions as well as your golden moments in the process.
Digital Tools & Resources
WeVideo is probably one of the most popular web apps available for free. The reason behind is that it’s user-friendly, has an intuitive interface, and packed with a number of great features. It has three editing views, namely: Timeline Simple, Timeline Advanced, and Storyboard. Furthermore, aside from your own media files, you can also access WeVideo’s database that’s filled with audio, graphics, and complete themes that are available for download.
Chrome, Android, iOS
Have Chromebooks? Check this list of best video tools for use on Chromebooks. WeVideo is the top recommended video app for Chromebook, paid premium version gives you Green Screen capabilities and templates. Check it out!
Simply sketch a character, then select the character and move it across the screen. It automatically records as an animation movie.
Chrome, Android, iOS, Web
Games, mind, strategic activities, competition mode organized by grade level
Vizmato is an easy to use Movie maker, that let’s you add filters, themes, music, effects and text to make your videos super cool. Share these videos with your friends on Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Whatsapp and other social media channels!
Free android video editor app in Google Play Store. With the Quik app, you can create awesome videos with just a few taps. Choose your favorite photos and video clips then let Quik work its magic. In seconds, it finds great moments, adds beautiful transitions and effects, and syncs everything to the beat of the music.
Using Video to learn history. Explore the battlegrounds of history at this digital location. Watch the map come alive following a timeline of events in this 360 video. With links to other battle interactive maps.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
- Digital: Apply what you learned today by designing a lesson, a student project or an assessment strategy involving the use of video.
- Social: Post to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you and your students or a link to a completed project your students created.
- Spiritual: Be a resource to another teacher on your faculty by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
- Missional: Registration for the TEC21 Workshop Program for the 2021/2022 school is in full swing. Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Share with them the value of connecting with other teachers outside of your school building who are serving together in Lutheran education and the impact it’s having on you and your students. Thank you in advance for being an ambassador for TEC21 and supporting our vision and mission for the sake of the Gospel! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info