February 2021 Agenda—Munster, Indiana
Begin at 9:00am
To WiFi: Private wifi password: splcmunster@123!
How to get to today’s agenda: If you can read this, you’re already there. The shortened URL is: bit.ly/Munster2020
To each other – Grab a breakfast item and get caught up with the other TEC21sters!
12 Then he prayed, “Lord, God of my master Abraham, make me successful today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. 13 See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. 14 May it be that when I say to a young woman, ‘Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I’ll water your camels too’—let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.”
15 Before he had finished praying, Rebekah came out with her jar on her shoulder. She was the daughter of Bethuel son of Milkah, who was the wife of Abraham’s brother Nahor. 16 The woman was very beautiful, a virgin; no man had ever slept with her. She went down to the spring, filled her jar and came up again.
17 The servant hurried to meet her and said, “Please give me a little water from your jar.”
18 “Drink, my lord,” she said, and quickly lowered the jar to her hands and gave him a drink.
19 After she had given him a drink, she said, “I’ll draw water for your camels too, until they have had enough to drink.” 20 So she quickly emptied her jar into the trough, ran back to the well to draw more water, and drew enough for all his camels. 21 Without saying a word, the man watched her closely to learn whether or not the Lord had made his journey successful.
#1 Are they praying that you will be the one to “draw water for their camels?”
#2 How can we who know something about computers not only give them a drink but also drawn for their camels(er kids)?
What can we pray for this morning?
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday , March 25.
2. This summer, we will be preparing our TEC21 website for “Season 13” so we encourage you to bookmark the “Season 12” workshop agendas now so you have access to them in the future. Here’s the link – https://tec21connect.com/2020-2021-workshop-agendas/ Note: When we perform quarterly updates on our website’s theme, webpages and various plug-ins, we do not include all of the previous years’ agendas (webpages) in the process. This means that over time past agendas may start to look a little wonky, but the links and resources will still be accessible for you 🙂
3. Three graduate-level credits available through Concordia University, Nebraska:
How to Obtain 3 Graduate-level Credits Through Your TEC21 Experience
Will you be needing to renew your teaching license soon? Are you thinking about pursuing a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, we encourage you to consider applying to Concordia University, Nebraska, to receive three graduate-level credits for your TEC21 experience. There is no additional work that is required of you and the process is simple. The online application is now open and runs through May 15, 2021. Follow these four easy steps to apply:
First, select the “Apply Here” link to create an account.
Next, complete the fields in the form. Where it asks for Academic Level, select “Non-Degree Coursework”. Where it asks for Entry Term, select “Summer Semester 2021”. Where it asks for Academic Program, select “TEC21”. After completing the remaining fields, select “Create Account”.
Now, check your email for confirmation that your application came through successfully.
Lastly, select the link provided in the confirmation email to make your online payment in the amount of $240 ($80/credit hour) using a debit or credit card. That’s it! You’re done!
On June 1, transcripts will be available upon request. If you ever have questions regarding how these three graduate-level credits could be applied to a master’s degree program now or in the coming years (they are good for 5 years), contact Anna Boriack, Director of Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Innovation Specialist. She will be happy to help you. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Concordia University, Nebraska is a ministry partner of TEC21, so they may email you from time to time to share opportunities of how these credits could be applied toward graduate-level programs they offer.
Please note: The opportunity detailed above is optional. Additionally, all TEC21 participants will receive a certificate on the final workshop day stating 35 professional development hours have been completed through the TEC21 Workshop Program. How state board of education departments and the 35 LCMS districts recognize these 35 hours of professional development vary from state to state and district to district. (For example, see how the Kansas District of the LCMS Licensure Renewal has a distinct process in place for the teachers serving in this district.) So, be sure to contact your respective state’s board of education department or your LCMS district office if you have any questions on how to renew your certificate or license using your TEC21 experience!
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. Discover the educational value of student-created video activities.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Design a student-centered project or assessment involving the use of video.
4. Be a resource to another teacher by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Do Not Reinvent the Wheel—–Use somebody else’s!
Direct instruction via VOD Screen Casting by Bradley Bourbonnais High School Bio flip
How about you just make play lists for your class?
Where to Start?
The Great Eight:Free School – YouTube
Math : Kahn Academy–Khan Academy
History : Hip Hughs History– Hip Hughes History — the whole of American history for schools
Bible Stories—Christian Animated Cartoon Movies For Kids – YouTube
Science–Crash Course Kids – YouTube
Computing for little ones….–Planet Nutshell’s Videos on Vimeo
The Flipped Classroom For Little Ones?
For the flipped classroom! Change what you do in class
Watch the lecture—-
help with the home work or lab or group experience or discussions
Seven kinds of videos for School
One take or First Take
Use your phone, use your camera,. Go pro, drone, their phones, a document camera
The camera and mic on your laptop/Chromebook —
iMovie Your iPad– camera app
With smart page recorder or Active inspire recorder– explain and record as you go along! Smart Notebook, Activinspire,
#1 –The Camera app on your phone,iPad, Tablet,
How to Use Adobe Spark – YouTube—Free Technology for Teachers: 10 Ways to Use Adobe Spark in School—5 Classroom Activities for the NEW Video Feature in Spark – Class Tech Tips—Make Images, Videos and Web Stories for Free in Minutes | Adobe Spark—6 ways to use adobe spark with google classroom—classtechtips.com/2017/05/06/4-ways-teach-digital-citizenship-adobe-spark/—classtechtips.com/2017/04/24/5-spark-video-chromebook-ipad-activities-english-language-learners/ —Adobe Spark Now Has a Collaboration Option—How to Find More Free Images to Use in Adobe Spark Videos
#3 (for Self)- Screencastify
Slide and Audio
Google Photos– Explained
Use Google Canvas App with Screencastify or other video
Lensoo create apple or android —
#1 Screencastify —Screencastify
#2 Nimbus Screenshot–Nimbus Screenshot and Screencast – Chrome Web Store
Activinspire–Tools / More Tools / Screen Recorder
Through the combination of Zoom’s virtual backgrounds and Adobe Spark Video it is possible to create green screen videos without actually using a green screen. Watch this tutorial to learn how to do that.
Finally, in the paid version of WeVideo there is an option to create green screen videos. Here’s Richard’s tutorial on how to use WeVideo to make a green screen video.
Paper Slide Video
Screen casting by You
Mom and Dad can see the explanation.
They can play it as often as they need to and get it at their own pace.
PUT THE VIDEO PORTIONS AND CLIPS IN THE FORM THEN ASK THE QUESTIONS TO SEE IF THEY PAID ATTENTION!
Video for the classroom by students
Wait a minute… what if the students made the videos?
For the younger grades?
For the congregation?
Video made by you and your students.
They show they can explain it .
They show that they understand it.
They can organize their thoughts.
They can write.
They can create.
They can express.
they can post for class, for school, for parents, for grandparents, for world!
Digital Tools & Resources
BBC Skillwise Speaking and Listening skills Even though it says for adults don’t let that stop you from checking this out! The BBC’s Skillswise website offers activities for practicing skills in language arts and math. The section of the site that could be useful in the classroom is the speaking and listening section. The speaking and listening section contains lessons and activities to develop a specific skills. Those skills are listening for specifics, communication skills, formal and informal speaking, and giving presentations. Each section has an introductory video followed quizzes and interactive games in which students test their skills.
20 sites for students who say, “I don’t have anything to do.” When students are done with an assignment or project, how can they spend extra time wisely? These sites give them something academic to chew on.
- 💾 Saving Meet Chat and Captions – How to save a Google Doc transcript of all the chat messages, live closed captions, and screenshots from a Google Meet.
- 🎲 Play Backgammon with Google Slides and Drawings – You and your students can play backgammon in person or remotely with these free fun templates.
- 💬 Translating Google Meet Menus, Chat, and Captions Live – Use this option in Google Chrome to translate content in Meet into any language of your choice. Great for ELL students!
- 📄📄 Using Originality Reports in Google Classroom – How you and your students can check their writing for possible plagiarism and needed citations.
- 📄 Thinkio – Free and easy website for teachers to upload and share PDF worksheets and other files which students can then type on, draw on, and turn in.
- 💬 WhiteboardChat – Free interactive whiteboard website where up to 100 students can have their own boards that you can view and interact with. Lots and lots of great features.
- ☁️ Cloud Stop Motion – Online stop motion animation tool with free accounts for schools, with powerful features including sound effects, music, title, credits, and more.
- 🏢 Icograms – Online graphics editor for creating maps, infographics, and illustrations with over 3,000 icons covering cities, farms, transportations, nature, and much more.
- 🗺️ Bouncy Maps – Animated world maps that change the relative sizes of countries based on data including population, energy, economy, religion, health, and more.
- 📊 Slow Reveal Graphs – Google Slideshows that reveal parts of a chart bit by bit, to guide students through predictions, questions, and connections on a wide range of current event topics.
- ➕ Bad Calculators – Dozens of fun and challenging math puzzles where you apply operations to reach a result in a certain number of moves.
- 🧩 PuzzGrid – Play or create your own online word puzzles where you try to identify four sets of linked words and determine what they have in common.
- 📚 Zenica – Build and share your own virtual bookshelves, with personally selected books and descriptions.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
- Digital: Apply what you learned today by designing a lesson, a student project or an assessment strategy involving the use of video.
- Social: Post to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you and your students or a link to a completed project your students created.
- Spiritual: Be a resource to another teacher on your faculty by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
- Missional: Registration for the TEC21 Workshop Program for the 2021/2022 school is in full swing. Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Share with them the value of connecting with other teachers outside of your school building who are serving together in Lutheran education and the impact it’s having on you and your students. Thank you in advance for being an ambassador for TEC21 and supporting our vision and mission for the sake of the Gospel! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
web site: markhess.info
email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook: Mark Hess