February 2021 Agenda—Fort Dodge, Iowa
Begin at 9:00am
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, March 25.
2. This summer, we will be preparing our TEC21 website for “Season 13” so we encourage you to bookmark the “Season 12” workshop agendas now so you have access to them in the future. Here’s the link – https://tec21connect.com/2020-2021-workshop-agendas/ Note: When we perform quarterly updates on our website’s theme, webpages and various plug-ins, we do not include all of the previous years’ agendas (webpages) in the process. This means that over time past agendas may start to look a little wonky, but the links and resources will still be accessible for you 🙂
3. Three graduate-level credits available through Concordia University, Nebraska:
How to Obtain 3 Graduate-level Credits Through Your TEC21 Experience
Will you be needing to renew your teaching license soon? Are you thinking about pursuing a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, we encourage you to consider applying to Concordia University, Nebraska, to receive three graduate-level credits for your TEC21 experience. There is no additional work that is required of you and the process is simple. The online application is now open and runs through May 15, 2021. Follow these four easy steps to apply:
First, select the “Apply Here” link to create an account.
Next, complete the fields in the form. Where it asks for Academic Level, select “Non-Degree Coursework”. Where it asks for Entry Term, select “Summer Semester 2021”. Where it asks for Academic Program, select “TEC21”. After completing the remaining fields, select “Create Account”.
Now, check your email for confirmation that your application came through successfully.
Lastly, select the link provided in the confirmation email to make your online payment in the amount of $240 ($80/credit hour) using a debit or credit card. That’s it! You’re done!
On June 1, transcripts will be available upon request. If you ever have questions regarding how these three graduate-level credits could be applied to a master’s degree program now or in the coming years (they are good for 5 years), contact Anna Boriack, Director of Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Innovation Specialist. She will be happy to help you. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Concordia University, Nebraska is a ministry partner of TEC21, so they may email you from time to time to share opportunities of how these credits could be applied toward graduate-level programs they offer.
Please note: The opportunity detailed above is optional. Additionally, all TEC21 participants will receive a certificate on the final workshop day stating 35 professional development hours have been completed through the TEC21 Workshop Program. How state board of education departments and the 35 LCMS districts recognize these 35 hours of professional development vary from state to state and district to district. (For example, see how the Kansas District of the LCMS Licensure Renewal has a distinct process in place for the teachers serving in this district.) So, be sure to contact your respective state’s board of education department or your LCMS district office if you have any questions on how to renew your certificate or license using your TEC21 experience!
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. Explore the educational value of teacher- and student-centered collaboration.
2. Create a learning activity using collaborative tools and resources to enrich an upcoming lesson or unit.
3. Identify a digital tool, a teaching strategy or learning activity to share with another teacher when you returned to school.
1. Discover the value of technology integration across the curriculum.
2. Explore AR/VR tools to use with your students.
3. Design a student-centered project or assessment involving the use of video.
4. Be a resource to another teacher by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
My Simple Show transforms any text into an animated video you will love. The website adds graphics based on the text you enter or you can change the graphics that you want. It has never been easier to create your own explainer video.
Augmented Reality/ Virtual Reality
Digital Tools & Resources
The AnswerPad is both a student response system with a focus on drawing and “show what you know,” and a grading solution for teacher-created quizzes. Browser-based for teachers, it works on any device (BYOD), browser or on free apps for iOS or Android for students. Demo Video: HERE
Join millions of people creating and sharing videos with our easy drag and drop video maker. No experience necessary.
Do Ink makes it easy to create incredible green screen videos and images right on your iPad or iPhone. The app lets you combine photos and videos from the camera roll with live images from your iPad or iPhone’s camera. Featured in “Best New Apps in Education.” There is a cost for the app.
Blooket is a classroom review game that aims to level up classroom engagement by matching action with education to create the ultimate learning experience! Like other classroom review games, it allows you to create your own question sets and then host them during class.
FlipaClip is an amazing app that you can use to create animation videos using simple drawing tools. FlipaClip is used to draw and create the frames of storyboard and transform them into animated videos, cartoons, and GIFs
Create a newsflash for a fictional or historical event. Spark their creativity.
With the Expeditions app, classrooms have no boundaries. With VR and AR, you’re are no longer limited by the space of the classroom.
Loom is Chrome Extension, or a download that you can add to your PC. It allows you to record a lesson while looking at screen, and then sending it to students via a link! Super simple to use!
Differentiated instruction, the ability for teachers to meet the needs of a variety of learners, is a key component for successful teaching.
Combine visuals, sounds, voice, and video to create how-tos or movies; free or fee.
A collection of educational games in a variety of subject areas.
Metaverse is the easiest way to create interactive AR content. Create experiences and watch them come to life in the Metaverse app browser. Create all kinds of interactive experiences, including games, scavenger hunts, memes, and educational experiences.
Looking for better lessons? The Master Teacher Project is committed to building a body of knowledge around authentic instructional practice. We recruit and select high-performing teachers across the country to share their rich, comprehensive lessons and effective strategies with teachers across the globe.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
- Digital: Apply what you learned today by designing a lesson, a student project or an assessment strategy involving the use of video or AR/VR. (or both!)
- Social: Post to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you and your students or a link to a completed project your students created.
- Spiritual: Be a resource to another teacher on your faculty by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
- Missional: Registration for the TEC21 Workshop Program for the 2021/2022 school is in full swing. Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Share with them the value of connecting with other teachers outside of your school building who are serving together in Lutheran education and the impact it’s having on you and your students. Thank you in advance for being an ambassador for TEC21 and supporting our vision and mission for the sake of the Gospel! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Amy Schroeder email@example.com #515-230-3990