February 2021 Agenda—Arlington Heights, Illinois
Begin at 9:00am
Lent, when you don’t feel like it……
By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread, till you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken; for you are dust, and to dust you shall return.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for TBD (based on feedback from Google form sent in pre-WS email).
- ISTE will be virtual in June
- The Learning Technology Center is hosting #DigCitCon, an online digital literacy conference scheduled for June 4, 2021. Conference Webpage: https://ltcillinois.org/events/diglitcon/
- K12 Tech Forum – Meeting Invitation
Wednesday, March 3, 2021 – 1:00-3:00 pm
This will be an Edcamp* style meeting where participants determine the topics. Instead of having one meeting “room” where everyone meets we will have several breakout rooms ready for the topics you choose. For example you may want a room to discuss professional development, or to gather elementary level coaches
3. This summer, we will be preparing our TEC21 website for “Season 13” so we encourage you to bookmark the “Season 12” workshop agendas now so you have access to them in the future. Here’s the link – https://tec21connect.com/2020-2021-workshop-agendas/ Note: When we perform quarterly updates on our website’s theme, webpages and various plug-ins, we do not include all of the previous years’ agendas (webpages) in the process. This means that over time past agendas may start to look a little wonky, but the links and resources will still be accessible for you 🙂
4. Three graduate-level credits available through Concordia University, Nebraska:
How to Obtain 3 Graduate-level Credits Through Your TEC21 Experience
Will you be needing to renew your teaching license soon? Are you thinking about pursuing a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, we encourage you to consider applying to Concordia University, Nebraska, to receive three graduate-level credits for your TEC21 experience. There is no additional work that is required of you and the process is simple. The online application is now open and runs through May 15, 2021. Follow these four easy steps to apply:
First, select the “Apply Here” link to create an account.
Next, complete the fields in the form. Where it asks for Academic Level, select “Non-Degree Coursework”. Where it asks for Entry Term, select “Summer Semester 2021”. Where it asks for Academic Program, select “TEC21”. After completing the remaining fields, select “Create Account”.
Now, check your email for confirmation that your application came through successfully.
Lastly, select the link provided in the confirmation email to make your online payment in the amount of $240 ($80/credit hour) using a debit or credit card. That’s it! You’re done!
On June 1, transcripts will be available upon request. If you ever have questions regarding how these three graduate-level credits could be applied to a master’s degree program now or in the coming years (they are good for 5 years), contact Anna Boriack, Director of Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Innovation Specialist. She will be happy to help you. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Concordia University, Nebraska is a ministry partner of TEC21, so they may email you from time to time to share opportunities of how these credits could be applied toward graduate-level programs they offer.
Please note: The opportunity detailed above is optional. Additionally, all TEC21 participants will receive a certificate on the final workshop day stating 35 professional development hours have been completed through the TEC21 Workshop Program. How state board of education departments and the 35 LCMS districts recognize these 35 hours of professional development vary from state to state and district to district. (For example, see how the Kansas District of the LCMS Licensure Renewal has a distinct process in place for the teachers serving in this district.) So, be sure to contact your respective state’s board of education department or your LCMS district office if you have any questions on how to renew your certificate or license using your TEC21 experience!
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. Discover …something new
2. Explore …something new
3. Design …something new
4. Be a resource to another teacher by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
A smorgasbord of….Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality, Virtual Field Trips, 3D printing, Collaboration,
Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality
Tinkercad is the place to start. GREAT lessons. (Also teaches simple coding and circuitry). Web-based!
My new favorite collaborative tool! (As a friend said: “Like Jamboard but on steroids!”)
Digital Tools & Resources
The Rocketbook App integrates seamlessly with Google Drive, so assignments can be uploaded and downloaded with a quick scan. Set up the right destination folders in the app to send homework, share feedback and collaborate on lessons right in Google Classroom.
Experience the fun way of teaching with Augmented Reality technology
Inspire your students to reach their full potential in class
We do 3D Augmented Reality
We are world leading Augmented Reality specialists, providing engaging, interactive experiences that excite, educate and inspire. We create immersive coloring activities that stimulate your creativity and imagination. Both iOS and Google Play store app availability. (Parrot demo)
The Merge Cube Lets you hold digital 3D objects, enabling an entirely new way to learn and interact with the digital world.
Kid-friendly AR/VR-3D creation and coding in the classroom
Curated by Raana Hibbs (shared out in a Tech thread)….
This document has been designed to be a self-paced guide to highlight new features within Seesaw, how to use them and some ideas for best practice.
(Scroll down the page)…..
Parent Resource Hub
Resources specifically curated for parents and caregivers. Topics include: classoom, chromebooks, Schoology, Seesaw, etc.
Select resources are available in Spanish.
“Before Class Begins” Icebreaker Slides
(Make a copy and insert your own Bitmoji)
Says for first grade (and the background is watermarked as such) but I think can be used for up to maybe 3rd grade?
(please make a copy)
K-8, Low Prep, Hand-on activities that can also be done in remote situations
Guest Speakers and Virtual Field Trips with Leading Experts from Around the World
Using Technology to Broadcast Live into Classrooms from the Most Remote Regions on the Planet
Please fill out this google form in order to help me, help you preapre for Celebration Day!
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
- Digital: Apply what you learned today by designing a lesson, a student project or an assessment strategy involving the use of video.
- Social: Post to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you and your students or a link to a completed project your students created.
- Spiritual: Be a resource to another teacher on your faculty by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
- Missional: Registration for the TEC21 Workshop Program for the 2021/2022 school is in full swing. Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Share with them the value of connecting with other teachers outside of your school building who are serving together in Lutheran education and the impact it’s having on you and your students. Thank you in advance for being an ambassador for TEC21 and supporting our vision and mission for the sake of the Gospel! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Add a picture that shows you in your element and provide your contact information so your teachers can get ahold of you for support and encouragement (e.g. email address, cell phone number, and username/handle communication tools such as Twitter, Glide, Skype, etc.)