February 2020 Agenda—Ponca City, Oklahoma
Begin at 9:00am
What’s been going on the last month? How was Valentines Day?
Any lenten disciplines?
Conversation Hearts from God
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, March 26.
2. Subject Area Meetings?
3. EdCamp OKC Feb. 29 8:30 am, McAlester Mar. 7, Olathe/Ottawa?
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. Discover the educational value of student-created video activities.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Design a student-centered project or assessment involving the use of video.
4. Be a resource to another teacher by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Easy way to explain/share an idea, concept, or opinion.
Record your screen alone, or self and screen at once.
Go Professional Hollywood with Green Screen!
It’s not as hard as it looks or seems.
All you need is an app and a solid colored background!
Let’s do it!
It may sound intimidating, but green screen video has become a mainstream, easy to make video creation. Green screen allows the videographer to take us to anywhere in the universe. Other than explaining a concept or presenting on a topic, students gain experience with the latest technology.
Stop Motion Video
We, as a group, have already experienced this magic! Have you had your students try it yet?! Even if just for fun, schedule just one short period for kids to play with this, and them MAYBE schedule a more rich subject area content project.
Digital Story Telling
All of these tools are great for Digital Story Telling.
Just a reminder of the other tools we have discussed for Digital Story telling
- google slides
- Chatter Pics
- Yakit Kids
- Adobe Voice
You can add a video element to all of these, even if they are not video tools, by simply screencasting.
Virtual Reality has the power to take our students and classrooms to distant lands, panets, and imaginative places.
The tools/hardware are completely reasonable, the resources are abundant, all one must do is seek.
A headset can be as little as $5. And the virtual trip can be as close as the human blood stream or as far away as another galaxy.
Digital Citizenship Integration
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when integrating video creation in the classroom?
- Internet Safety
- Privacy & Security
- Relationships & Communication
- Digital Footprint & Reputation
- Self-image & Identity
- Information Literacy
- Creative Credit & Copyright
TEC21 provides the opportunity for educators to explore technology tools and implement those into a meaningful project that enhances their current pedagogy and content. This gives educators the opportunity to make choices based on their interests and adapt those to benefit students. This concept is a natural pairing with Genius Hour.
Genius Hour Unit 4: Learn and Explore
Follow your plan for your project. Answer any questions you may have through personal research or by asking a colleague. Investigate and explore your options. Begin with those first few steps as a guide for development. Be sure to record your roadblocks and resolutions as well as your golden moments in the process.
- “What is Genius Hour?” (Genius Hour)
- How to Build Community Leaders of Today – And Tomorrow – Through Genius Hour (EdSurge, 2017)
- Genius Hour in Elementary School (Edutopia, 2017)
- Tips and Tricks to Keep Kids on Track During Genius Hour (MindShift, 2017)
- Inspire Drive, Creativity in the Classroom with 20-Time (20-Time in Education)
- 20-Time Projects in Education: 41 Projects in 4 Minutes (YouTube, 2014)
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
Digital Tools & Resources
Green Screen by Do Ink makes it easy to create incredible green screen videos and images right on your iPad or iPhone. The app lets you combine photos and videos from the camera roll with live images from your iPad or iPhone’s camera.
Easy and free screen recorder for Mac, Windows, and Chromebooks. Record your camera and screen with audio directly from your Chrome browser
The best green screen chroma key app to shoot awesome videos and photos using chroma key effects in real time just like they do it in Movies and TV shows.
VR is here! YouTube 360 has videos that give you a 360° view of anything from swimming with sharks to riding a roller coaster.
Come experience the wonder of Google Earth in virtual reality
Devices, experiences, etc. Google VR has everything you need to enjoy the VR world.
|WeVideo is the online video editor that makes it easy to capture, create, view and share your movies at up to 4K resolution for stunning playback anywhere|
|Create screencast videos with a screen recorder. It’s fast, free and easy to use! Capture your screen, add a webcam and use narration to customize your video.|
|Annotate, explain and present anything easily and quickly with TouchCast Studio. Add webpages, files, images, videos… nearly anything! Then record or live stream* and share across the web.|
YouTube is a GREAT resource, but teachers are often scared off by adds, questionable content, and distractions. Here are some channels that have some trustworthy, wonderful videos for consumption.
Videos are a wonderful way to connect classrooms and students to the real world. This link has multiple live video feeds of animals all over the world.
Adobe Spark’s free online video maker helps you easily create your own custom videos in minutes, no design skills needed.
Interactive slideshow tool engages students, promotes collaboration
How to Obtain 3 Graduate-level Credits Through Your TEC21 Experience
Will you be needing to renew your teaching license soon? Are you wanting to advance a step on your school’s salary schedule? Are you thinking about pursuing a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, consider applying to Concordia University, Nebraska, to receive three graduate-level credits for your TEC21 experience. There is no additional work that is required of you and the process is simple. The online application is open now and runs through May 1, 2020. Follow these four short steps to apply:
- First, select the “Apply Here” link below to create an account.
- Next, complete the fields. Where it asks for Academic Level, select “Non-Degree Coursework”. Where it asks for Entry Term, select “Summer Semester 2020”. After completing the remaining fields, select “Create Account”.
- Now, check your email for confirmation that your application came through successfully.
- Lastly, select the link provided in the confirmation email to make your online payment in the amount of $240 ($80/credit hour) using a debit or credit card.
- That’s it! You’re done!
On June 1, transcripts will be available upon request. If you ever have questions regarding how these three graduate-level credits could be applied to a master’s degree program in the coming years, contact Anna Boriack, Director of Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Innovation Specialist. She will be happy to help you. Her email address is email@example.com. Concordia University, Nebraska is a ministry partner of TEC21, so they may email you from time to time to share opportunities of how these credits could be applied toward graduate-level programs they offer.
Please note: The opportunity detailed above is optional. Additionally, all TEC21 participants will receive a certificate on the final workshop day stating 35 professional development hours have been completed through the TEC21 Workshop Program. How state board of education departments and the 35 LCMS districts recognize these 35 hours of professional development vary from state to state and district to district. (For example, see how the Kansas District’s (of the LCMS) Licensure Renewal has a distinct process in place for the teachers serving in this district.) So, be sure to contact your respective state’s board of education department or your LCMS district office if you have any questions on how to renew your certificate or license using your TEC21 experience!
1. Apply what you learned today by designing a lesson, a student project or an assessment strategy involving the use of video.
2. Post to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you and your students or a link to a completed project your students created.
3. Be a resource to another teacher on your faculty by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
4. Registration for the TEC21 Workshop Program for the 2020/2021 school year opened on January 2, 2020. Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Share with them the value of connecting with other teachers serving in Lutheran schools and the impact it’s having on you and your students. Thank you in advance for being an ambassador for TEC21 and supporting our vision and mission for the sake of the Gospel! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info