Begin at 9:00am
While we are all getting settled, please grab yourself a morning snack. Then, get connected to the internet.
Wi-Fi Passcode: cardinalred
To find today’s agenda:
- Hover over “Workshops” tab
- Click “2018/2019 Agendas”
- Select Ponca City
Announcements & Review
1. Upcoming events:
- The next workshop date is scheduled for Thurs. April 4.
- EdCampOKC- Feb.23 Midwest City Elementary– 2211 S Midwest Blvd – Oklahoma City, OK 73110.
- EdCampKS Andover- Normally the first weekend in June.
2. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
1. Discover the educational value of student-created video activities.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Design a student-centered project or assessment involving student and the use of video.
4. Be a resource to another teacher by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Students can create videos to demonstrate a skill, show what they have learned, or just gain experience with video creating and technology. Teachers have had students create videos as a project, or have helped students create a video to advertise for the school, or simply make a fun video with their students to display what happens in their classroom.
Videos are an alternative learning/teaching method that enhance lessons or assessment.
When we talked teacher-created videos we explored:
Paper Slide Videos
Stop Motion Video
We also looked into digital storytelling tools. All of these can be used by students to create something unique and creative.
Easy way to explain/share an idea, concept, or opinion.
Record your screen alone, or self and screen at once.
Go Professional Hollywood with Green Screen!
It’s not as hard as it looks or seems.
All you need is an app and a solid colored background!
Let’s do it!
It may sound intimidating, but green screen video has become a mainstream, easy to make video creation. Green screen allows the videographer to take us to anywhere in the universe. Other than explaining a concept or presenting on a topic, students gain experience with the latest technology.
All of these tools are great for Digital Story Telling.
Just a reminder of the other tools we have discussed for Digital Story telling
- google slides
- Chatter Pics
- Yakit Kids
- Adobe Voice
ECE Video Creations
Digital Citizenship Integration
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when integrating video creation in the classroom?
- Internet Safety
- Privacy & Security
- Relationships & Communication
- Digital Footprint & Reputation
- Self-image & Identity
- Information Literacy
- Creative Credit & Copyright
Little or No Prep Tools & Resources
With TouchCast Studio, you have the power of a high-end TV studio at your fingertips. Record a video, edit clips, and add dynamic, interactive features like soundtracks, graphics, and web pages directly from your iPad.
The go-to GoPro editor.
This easy-to-use app can bring any photo/artwork to life with comical and cool features.
Create awesome videos and slideshows with this easy to use video editing app. Add filters, themes, music, effects and text to make awesome movies.
VR is here! YouTube 360 has videos that give you a 360° view of anything from swimming with sharks to riding a roller coaster.
A new kind of work communication tool that helps you get your message across through instantly shareable videos.
Come experience the wonder of Google Earth in virtual reality
Devices, experiences, etc. Google VR has everything you need to enjoy the VR world.
[vc_separator type=”” size=”” icon=”” text=””]
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
Collaboration! We are each other’s BEST resources 🙂
1. Apply what you learned today by designing a lesson, a student project or an assessment strategy which involves the use of video. Feel free to share your end product by adding it to this Padlet for others to see!
2. Be an inspiration to someone in the Google+ community by posting a comment, link, or something that your and your students have been working on.
3. Be a resource to another teacher on your faculty by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info