February 2019 Agenda—Columbus, Indiana
Begin at 9:00am
Who’s Your Lighthouse?
Announcements & Review
1. Upcoming events:
- The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, April 11.
2. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
1. Discover the educational value of student-created video activities.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Design a student-centered project or assessment involving student and the use of video.
4. Be a resource to another teacher by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Screencasting and Whiteboard Videos
Has the thought of using a green screen ever intimidated you? We’re going to work collaboratively on creating a green screen video to show you how EASY it can be!
Resource used – Green Screen by DoInk
Remember Digital Storytelling from October’s Agenda. So many digital stories end up becoming videos.
Some resources include:
- Bookcreator (Can become a video with screencasting tool)
- iPad Screen Recorder
More Video Creation Tools
Click here to see several video creation tools with tutorials. Some of which include:
- Adobe Spark
Digital Citizenship Integration
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when integrating video creation in the classroom?
- Internet Safety
- Privacy & Security
- Relationships & Communication
- Digital Footprint & Reputation
- Self-image & Identity
- Information Literacy
- Creative Credit & Copyright
Little or No Prep Tools & Resources
iMovie lets you enjoy your videos and tell stories like never before. Browse your video library, share favorite moments, create beautiful movies, and watch them on all your devices in iMovie Theater. And with the iMovie extension, it’s fast and fun to make every video more memorable — right in the Photos app.
VideoPad Video Editor is a free video editor for everyday use. The program works with almost all popular formats and can be used to view graphic files. In addition, it has the ability to capture video from an external camera, and there is a large library of various graphic effects and transitions between frames. A lot of attention was paid by the developers and the tools for working with sound.
Vocaroo is a quick and easy way to share voice messages over the interwebs.
Make videos in minutes with Powtoon. Use our library of styles, characters, backgrounds and video, or upload your own! Free. Easy. Awesome.
Recording your screen is a great way to turn anything into a video. This works nicely with slides, book creator, and anything else that needs a video/audio element.
Loom is another screencasting chrome extension.
K-sketch is a “kinetic” sketch pad. Create animations in minutes.
C-SPAN Classroom is a free membership service for social studies teachers. Our mission is to enhance the teaching of social studies through C-SPAN’s primary source programming and websites.
Clipchamp is an all-in-one video converter, video compressor, webcam video recorder, video editor and video uploader solution.
[vc_separator type=”” size=”” icon=”” text=””]
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
Collaboration! We are each other’s BEST resources 🙂
1. Apply what you learned today by designing a lesson, a student project or an assessment strategy which involves the use of video. Feel free to share your end product by adding it to this Padlet for others to see!
2. Be an inspiration to someone in the Google+ community by posting a comment, link, or something that your and your students have been working on.
3. Be a resource to another teacher on your faculty by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Google Plus: Luke.Finchum@cuw.edu