March 2022 Agenda—Clinton Township, Michigan
Begin at 9:00am
To WiFi: Look for “TLCVolunteer”
How to get to today’s agenda: If you can read this, you’re already there!
You can access the agenda by visiting tec21connect.com and selecting the Clinton Township link, dropping down to March.
With spring break literally around the corner, what would your dream vacation be? Where would you go and whom would you bring with you? How long would you be away? Share this beautiful reverie with us so we all can dream a little.
Add prayer requests to our padlet.
Consider creating a padlet for your classroom prayer requests as well.
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. The next and LAST workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, April 21st.
2. This summer, we will be preparing our TEC21 website for “Season 14”, so we encourage you to bookmark the “Season 13” workshop agendas now so you have access to them in the future. Here’s the link – https://tec21connect.com/2021-2022-workshop-agendas/ Note: When we perform quarterly updates on our website’s theme, webpages and various plug-ins, we do not include all of the previous years’ agendas (webpages) in the process. This means that over time past agendas may start to look a little wonky, but the links and resources will still be accessible for you 🙂
3. We are forming our next cohorts for Season 14! Word of mouth and personal testimonies can go a long way helping us support more teachers. Can you please encourage teachers you know to register for a cohort near them? We would GREATLY appreciate it! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
4. “Celebration Day” is next month and it is a time to celebrate each other’s successes! This will be an opportunity for you to share what you have learned and how you have grown as an educator through the processes of sharing best practices with one another, inquiry and implementation through trial and error. What does the format of the day look like and what can you do to prepare?
- Think of the day as a mini-conference and each of you will be the presenters (Remember that you are sharing with friends, so don’t sweat this and have fun with it!)
- Spend approximately 10 minutes showing some things you’ve accomplished this year–what you did, how you did it, and why you did it–and/or some things you are planning to do for next year.
- Select this SHARED FOLDER. Add your first & last name, description & links to your respective center’s collaborative Google Doc in preparation for “Celebration Day”. Do you have samples of student projects hosted on the web? Share those links, too! Here’s an example of a variety of different ways past TEC21 Teachers presented their learning – SAMPLE.
- You might also want to use the Celebration Day guide to help to organize your thoughts. To download a copy to print, click HERE.
5. Three graduate-level credits available through Concordia University, Nebraska:
How to Obtain 3 Graduate-level Credits Through Your TEC21 Experience
Will you be needing to renew your teaching license soon? Are you considering starting a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction within the next five years? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, you might consider applying to Concordia University, Nebraska, to receive three graduate-level credits for your TEC21 experience. There is no additional work that is required of you and the process is simple. The application period will open during February’s workshop day and run through May 15, 2022. For your convenience, a link to the online application will be included on our final three agendas (February, March and April).
First, select the “Apply Here” link to create an account.
Next, complete the fields in the form. Where it asks for Academic Level, select “Non-Degree Coursework”. Where it asks for Entry Term, select “Summer Semester 2022”. Where it asks for Academic Program, select “TEC21”. After completing the remaining fields, select “Create Account”.
Next, check your email for confirmation that your application came through successfully.
Last, select the link provided in the confirmation email to make your online payment in the amount of $240 ($80/credit hour) using a debit or credit card. That’s it! You’re done!
On June 1, transcripts will be available upon request. If you ever have questions regarding how these three graduate-level credits could be applied to a master’s degree program now or in the coming years (they are good for 5 years), contact Anna Boriack, Director of Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Innovation Specialist. She will be happy to help you. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Concordia University, Nebraska is a ministry partner of TEC21, so they may email you from time to time to share opportunities of how these credits could be applied toward graduate-level programs they offer.
Please note: The opportunity detailed above is optional. Additionally, all TEC21 participants will receive a certificate on the final workshop day stating 35 professional development hours have been completed through the TEC21 Workshop Program. How state board of education departments and the 35 LCMS districts recognize these 35 hours of professional development vary from state to state and district to district. Contact your respective state’s board of education department or your LCMS district office if you have any questions on how to renew your certificate or license using your TEC21 experience.
We look forward in Workshop #6 to further discover ways to inspire student learning in technology enriched classrooms.
1. Explore Organizing and Linking Useful Bookmarks and Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in the Classroom.
2. Plan and implement ways to organize online tools and/or create an augmented or virtual reality project for your classroom.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Focus Points for Today
The Ultimate Organized List – bookmark this!
EVERNOTE: Evernote is a cross-platform app that serves many purposes—it can be your digital file cabinet, note-taking tool, daily journal, task or project management system, recipe-keeper, and more.
DIIGO: Save and tag your online resources for easy access anytime, anywhere
WAKELET: Save your favorite content from across the web. Articles, videos, blogs, tweets, songs and more – bookmark anything you find online in two clicks.
Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality in the Classroom: Resources
StorySpheres is a powerful web-based platform to create Virtual Reality environments. Further, multiple 360 Storyspheres VR environments can be linked together, allowing the viewer to experience multiple VR environments with embedded audio. The creation process with Storyspheres is exceptionally straight forward and the platform is easy to build with.
And of course, we all love to see what Edutopia has to say about AR/VR.
PANOFORM: bring drawings to life
CleverBooks:Augmented Classroom is intuitive and easy to use. CleverBooks has created User Guides for your smooth and easy experience with Augmented Classroom. You can access user guides for both web-based and mobile versions after logging in. Start using Augmented Classroom by CleverBooks absolutely free. Free account is free forever.
Flipping a Classroom
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Google Workspace
Teacher Tech Tips – a random collection to check out
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Prepare for Celebration Day! You’ll be among friends, so have fun with this! Use the outline below with its questions and strategies to prepare for the day. To download and print a copy, click HERE.
2. Social: Post to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. It can be to ask a question, leave a comment, answer someone’s question, share something that is on your mind, or simply to encourage someone.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
4. Season 14 cohorts are forming now! Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Personal testimonies go a long way, so we would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for the 2022/2023 school year. They could be teachers from your school or any other school for that matter. With your help we will be able to impact more teachers and their students for the sake of the gospel. Share with them how valuable it’s been to you to be able to connect with other teachers serving in Lutheran schools outside of your school building and the positive impact it’s having on you and your students. We thank you in advance for any support of our efforts that you can give to us. Thank you for supporting our mission and vision and being an ambassador for TEC21! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need any help with technology integration or you have questions. I am always happy to help!
St. Peter’s Lutheran School, Eastpointe, Michigan
5th/6th Grade Teacher
Phone: 586-634-0934 (call or text)
I can also be found on Facebook (Karla Jean Thanepohn Leidecker) or Instagram (@karlajean710)