April 2019 Agenda–Roseville, Minnesota
Begin at 9:00am
Announcements & Review
1. Upcoming events:
- The FINAL workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, May 2nd!
- Facilitators, please add any other local, regional or national events (i.e. local pd opportunities such as EdCamps, district fall conferences, LEA Convocation, etc. – all of which provide great opportunities for TEC21 teachers to connect outside of the workshops).
2. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
3. “Celebration Day” is coming up! What does the format of the day look like and what can you do to prepare?
- Think of the day as a mini-conference and each of you will be the presenters.
- 10-15 minutes show some things you’ve accomplished this year – what you did, how you did it and why you did it.
- Click on the SHARED DOCUMENTS. Locate your center’s doc and add your name, a description of what you’re sharing and provide your links. Have samples of student projects hosted on the web? Share those links, too! Here’s an example of what the line-up looked like at one of the workshop centers last year – SAMPLE.
- Use the outline below with its questions and strategies to prepare for the day. To download and print a copy, click HERE.
4. ReadWriteThink.org poetry ideas to prepare for April – National Poetry Month
1. Discover the value of drones and 3D printing in an educational setting!
2. Explore the creative uses of drones, Computer-Aided-Design, and 3D printing and how to implement them with your students.
3. Identify a tool or resource to share with another teacher at your school.
Last Month’s Stuff!
Drones! How do they help in education?
3D Printing and CAD
Sources for 3D Printable Objects
Thingiverse – Thingiverse is a thriving design community for discovering, making, and sharing 3D printable things. … In the spirit of maintaining an open platform, all designs are encouraged to be licensed under a Creative Commons license, meaning that anyone can use or alter any design.
Pinshape – On Pinshape, you can not only find high quality designs, but you can also sell your designs or share them with others. You can sort the items by newest, most popular, or lowest price.
Yeggi – Yeggi is a search engine for 3D models that you can print out and enjoy. Whether you want to find characters from Frozen or print an iphone case, this site has tons of creative ideas.
Places to Make Your Own Designs
Tinkercad – Tinkercad is a simple, online 3D design and 3D printing app for everyone. Tinkercad is used by designers, hobbyists, teachers, and kids, to make toys, prototypes, home decor, Minecraft models, jewelry – the list is truly endless!
Tinkercad Code Blocks – https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tinkercad+code+blocks
Alternatives – I haven’t used these yet, but there are many others out there. I think Tinkercad is the best for educational purposes due to it’s ease of use.
Digital Citizenship Integration
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed when ______? (Adjust your questions/discussion based on the topic you chose for today.)
- Internet Safety
- Privacy & Security
- Relationships & Communication
- Digital Footprint & Reputation
- Self-image & Identity
- Information Literacy
- Creative Credit & Copyright
Little or No Prep Tools & Resources
Do you have so many websites you want to remember but don’t know how to organize them? Check out Sqworl! Simply set up your account, create a new group, and begin cutting and pasting URLs of the websites you want to group. Sample Sqworl on animal websites for student research. You can simply share the link and students access the websites you want them to use without typing in URLs.
EdPuzzle is the perfect tool for allowing students to watch and engage with videos while the teacher gathers data throughout the lesson. As teachers dabble into the flipped classroom philosophy, EdPuzzle is the perfect enhancement tool for videos to be watched at home instead of eating up valuable class time.
Ask your students to use the Fake Ticket Generator to create excitement for class presentations. Have them create tickets and hand them out to other students to use to be admitted to class for their presentation. Create tickets to hand out to students at the beginning of any unit to create interest and excitement.
Super Teacher Worksheets is a website with thousands of pages of printable learning resources. We specialize in creating high-quality worksheets for kindergarten through fifth grade students.
Take your kids on a blast from the past with having them play the original version of Oregon Trail.
54 Flipped Classroom Tools for Teachers and Students.
More Gamification Links:
This is an awesome list of apps by category!
This is the parent site for some of the activities we’ve seen earlier this year!
These resources are good for finding online versions of a whiteboard, which would be similar to what a SmartBoard does.
If you are thinking of blogging with your students, this is a comparison of several ways to do it!
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
2. Prepare for Celebration Day! Have fun with this! Use the outline below with its questions and strategies to prepare for the day. To download and print a copy, click HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm