Begin at 9:00am
TLS – Password: crusader
To today’s agenda: http://bit.ly/TEC21agendas
Reconnecting to each other – Enjoy some refreshments and we’ll reconnect in a bit!
Announcements & Review
1. Upcoming events:
- The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, May 9.
- Join the TEC21 Facebook group!
2. Let’s take this time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. What happened? Were you successful? Did you come across any challenges?
3. “Celebration Day” is coming up! What does the format of the day look like and what can you do to prepare?
- Think of the day as a mini-conference and each of you will be the presenters.
- 10-15 minutes show some things you’ve accomplished this year – what you did, how you did it and why you did it.
- Click on the SHARED DOCUMENTS. Locate your center’s doc and add your name, a description of what you’re sharing and provide your links. Have samples of student projects hosted on the web? Share those links, too! Here’s an example of what the line-up looked like at one of the workshop centers last year – SAMPLE.
- Use the outline below with its questions and strategies to prepare for the day. To download and print a copy, click HERE.
To download and print a copy, click HERE.
4. ReadWriteThink.org poetry ideas to prepare for April – National Poetry Month
1. Discover the value of technology integration across the curriculum.
2. Explore AR tools to use with your students.
3. Identify a tool or resource to share with another teacher at your school.
4D Interactive Anatomy lets you tilt, rotate, and dissect real human specimens online. Try the free trial to see how you can remove layers of the anatomy to reveal muscles, bones, and organs. 4D Interactive Anatomy
Weekly STEM Activities CurriculumThis Google Doc provides one STEM activity for each week of the school year. The curriculum includes basic instruction, material lists and pictures.
Shake up Learning Podcasts for teachers: PD on the go
Merge Cube-Hold learning in your hand…https://miniverse.io/cube
Project-Based Learning: Inquiry
1. Curiosity comes first
2. Embrace the mess
3. Practice reflection
Topics and Tools
The changing face of education…..
Top Apps and Websites
CommonSenseMedia Top Picks for Apps & Websites by subject, grade, and skills. Take 5 minutes to explore your area of interest and find one tool to demonstrate!
Elementary School Reading Apps & Websites recommended by CommonSenseMedia
Digital Citizenship Integration
What aspects of digital citizenship need to be addressed?
- Internet Safety
- Privacy & Security
- Relationships & Communication
- Digital Footprint & Reputation
- Self-image & Identity
- Information Literacy
- Creative Credit & Copyright
Little or No Prep Tools & Resources
Creating messages by combining speech, drawing and photos 1. Take a picture. 2. Talk and draw – your voice is recorded while drawing.
Doodle Buddy is a FREE app that is literally like an enhanced, digital whiteboard. … Using Doodle Buddy, you can draw, write, virtually finger paint, and even stamp pictures onto fun backgrounds that are provided within the app.
Do you have so many websites you want to remember but don’t know how to organize them? Check out Sqworl! Simply set up your account, create a new group, and begin cutting and pasting URLs of the websites you want to group. Sample Sqworl on animal websites for student research. You can simply share the link and students access the websites you want them to use without typing in URLs.
This tool is a website that features detailed 360-degree images of cities around the world.
AutoDraw is a tool that uses artificial intelligence to guess what you’re trying to draw. You start with a blank screen, begin sketching something, and AutoDraw gives you a strip of professionally illustrated images to choose from, based on what the tool thinks you’re trying to draw.
Create your own printable PDF worksheets in a variety of subjects.
- Twiducate – Social networking for schools. Twiducate is the perfect solution for elementary and secondary students. It allows teachers to create a private social media platform for your class to use in their learning and activities.
To make the most of the Internet, kids need to be prepared to make smart decisions. Be Internet Awesome teaches kids the fundamentals of digital citizenship and safety so they can explore the online world with confidence.
JeopardyLabs allows you to create a customized jeopardy template without PowerPoint. The games you make can be played online from anywhere in the world. Building your own jeopardy template is a piece of cake. Just use their simple editor to get your game up and running.
A completely free site for teachers that offer supplemental lessons, printables, and activities in Math, ELA, Science, and Social Studies for Kindergarten and up!
emaze presentations website with a variety of amazing templates! Check out Gallery Landscape Art which allows you to insert pictures, videos, and text to showcase artwork or research in an art gallery format. Love the 3D format that allows you to “walk” through the gallery!
Create trading cards on real people, fictional characters, places, objects or concepts.
Schoolhouse Rock–informative content, catchy tunes wrapped up in classic graphics… need we say more?
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
2. Prepare for Celebration Day! Have fun with this! Use the outline below with its questions and strategies to prepare for the day. To download and print a copy, click HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Trinity Lutheran School