September 2021 Agenda—Seward, Nebraska (CUNE faculty cohort)
Begin at 3:45pm
- Get connected with WiFi and Airtame. If you DO NOT have Airtame on your computer yet, I’d like to help you set that up. Just ask!
- Access today’s agenda. If you can read this on your device, you’re already there!
- Grab a snack!
- On the padlet board below, click the “+” icon in the ~September~ column. Create a post that has your name and TWO check-in statements. Consider adding check-in statements in areas like…
- Personal or Family Update * How are you feeling today? Right now? *Highlight of the day or week * Prayer Request * Challenge you are facing in one of your classes * Choose own idea
- Once you have completed your 2 check-in statements, review the statements from everyone else. Add a comment if you wish.
Review of YOUR Progress so Far!
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced, or a lesson learned with the group. Starting next month, our check-in will include you adding reflections to a slide in this Google Slide deck.
The next workshop date is scheduled for Wednesday, October 27 at 3:45.
1. Explore pedagogical uses of Google tools, Padlet, Peardeck (tech tools discussed last month). Explore new tools of interest including Google Earth Story or Explain Everything.
2. Design and implement a technological tool for instruction, an assignment, or student engagement for use in the next two weeks.
3. Be a resource to another teacher by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Let’s Get to Work
TOGETHER: Let’s brainstorm possible pedagogical uses of the tech tools we learned about last month. (Jamboard, Google Forms, Google Slides, Padlet, Peardeck)
TOGETHER: Open the Google Slides presentation you brought for exploration today. Add several Pear Deck interactive slides to the presentation.
CHOOSE A TOPIC TO EXPLORE: Last week individuals expressed interest in interactive whiteboard options and the use of Google Earth. Choose which topic you’d like to explore further.
- Amy Hubach will lead Explain Everything – an interactive whiteboard with voice recording capabilities.
- Shanna Opfer will lead Google Earth Story – an interactive geographical tool that can serve as an alternative and authentic assessment.
Top Digital Tools & Resources
Center- and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
1. Digital: Explore further a tool or idea from today’s session. It can be student-centered, teacher-centered or both. Come ready to share your experience when we meet again in October!
2. Social: Consider following TEC21 on the social media platforms of your choice. Also, be sure to request to join the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. As a result, we will connect, share, inspire, grow, and support one another making our Lutheran schools thrive!
3. Spiritual: Again, with the words connect, share, inspire, grow, and support in mind, encourage a colleague and be a resource to them between now and October’s session.
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 6:00pm
My Contact Info
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need any help with technology integration or you have questions about something we did this session! I am always happy to help.
Phone: 402-643-7219 (office)