October 2021 Agenda—Seward, Nebraska (CUNE faculty cohort)
Begin at 3:45pm
What is a word or phrase that resonates with you? Why do you think it stands out? What do wonder about or wrestle with after reading these verses? What do these verses show about God/Jesus? What do these verses lead me to pray about?
Review of YOUR progress so far!
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced, or a lesson learned with the group. Please add your reflections to this Google Slide deck.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Wednesday, Nov 17 3:45-6:00.
2. The November session is our LAST session for this semester. The next workshop date is on Friday, Jan 7 1:00-5:00.
1. Explore digital storytelling tools and resources to use with your students.
2. Create a digital storytelling learning activity to use with your students or design and digital storytelling task for your students to do.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Let’s Explore Digital Storytelling
TASK: What happened in the last two weeks that was out of the ordinary? Perhaps something exciting… something fearful… something happy… something bizarre…or just something different from your normal routine. Share your Out-of-the-Ordinary event in a quick Flipgrid recording.
BEFORE YOU RECORD, click the EFFECTS option and add a frame, an emoji, a word, a photo…. something a bit extra to your video to enhance it…. and THEN record your 1-minute-or-less video.
2.) Adobe Spark Video
TASK: Make a four slide video based on a topic of your choice OR an introduction to Concordia University, NE.
- Find 3-4 pictures/save
- Format slides
- Consider your spoken words
3.) Google Earth Story
EXPLORE: Go to this Google Earth Story example (made by my Social Studies Methods class).
CREATE TOGETHER: Go to this collaborative Google Earth Story for TEC21 and add a pin at a favorite vacation location.
- Add 1-2 pictures
- Change the script to a personal description of the vacation destination.
CREATE ALONE: In Google Earth, click the project icon and select NEW PROJECT.
- Name the project
- Explore the Share settings
- Explore the New feature options
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Storytelling
Center- and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
Let me know what you are interested in learning more about and I will strive to find resources to share in this area for next month! Last month, Nolan expressed interest in video making tools and Erica was interested in Socrative. These concepts will be studied together in future sessions, but here are links to support your independent investigation for now.
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 6:00pm
My Contact Info
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need any help with technology integration or you have questions about something we did this session! I am always happy to help.
Phone: 402-643-7219 (office)