October 2021 Agenda—Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Begin at 9:00am
- To WiFi: TrinityCrCh Password: To know Christ 1884 (Yes there are spaces in the password)
- How to get to today’s agenda: If you can read this, you’re already there.
- To each other – Grab a breakfast item! Meet your fellow TEC21 participants!
“Think Like Christ” (Phil 4:8-9)
The basis for online behavior and Digital Citizenship.
- Matthew 16:24-28 “Whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.”
- Before Jesus we try to find our identity in different things, and as each thing doesn’t satisfy, we look to another and then another.
- Building your identity in Christ is the only thing that will truly satisfy.
- What you are doing today in your relationship with Jesus is what will help it to endure in the future.
- Knowledge of Jesus is good, but knowing Jesus personally is so much better.
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
A few items you mentioned trying to use or incorporate were ABC Ya, Google Classroom, and Google Slides.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, November 18.
2. Iowa Lutheran Teachers’ Conference – October 21-22
We look forward in Workshop #2 making connections to build a lifetime of encouragement and support for one another.
1. Explore digital storytelling tools and resources to use with your students.
2. Create a digital storytelling learning activity to use with your students.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Paper Slide videos with your TEC21 classmates
Create your own Paper Slide Video (Good low-tech option)
Suggestions for topics: Explain a concept, illustrate a Bible verse or story, or explain the steps of solving a math problem
Explanations and Directions for making Paper Slide Videos
Individual learning activity
Using a topic you will be teaching in the coming weeks, create a digital story to introduce one aspect of the topic. This can be an example for students to create their own digital story to demonstrate learning in this lesson/unit. Choose from the following list of four tech options: Book Creator, Storyboard That, Adobe Spark, or Powtoon. Sit near someone who will use the same tool so you can assist one another. When you finish, share the link to your project for all to see.
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Storytelling
Center- and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
Link the the google slide I started for you to copy and add to as the year goes on for your end of the year celebration presentation.
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need any help with technology integration or you have questions about something we did this year! I am always happy to help.
Phone: 563-320-3780 (call or text)
I can also be found on Facebook, Twitter (@kathymaske), or Instagram (@kathymaske)