October 2021 Agenda—Burnsville, Minnesota
Begin at 9:00am
- To WiFi: The Minnesota South District Office has a guest internet access. The SSID or Name is case sensitive: MNS-Guest . The Password or Security Key is also case sensitive: WelcomeMNS . Please note – there are no spaces in the login information.
- How to get to today’s agenda: If you can read this, you’re already there.
- To each other – Grab a breakfast item! Meet your fellow TEC21 participants!
- Would you rather?
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, November 18th.
2. The MNS District Education Conference is Thursday, October 21st, at Mayer Lutheran High School.
We look forward in Workshop #2 making connections to build a lifetime of encouragement and support for one another.
1. Explore digital storytelling tools and resources to use with your students.
2. Create a digital storytelling learning activity to use with your students in different content areas.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
What is it? Digital storytelling is the practice of combining narrative with digital content, including images, sound, and video, to create a short movie, typically with a strong emotional component. Check out this example of Following Jesus on Twitter.
The idea behind Flipgrid is to use video to create an open platform of discussion and learning that doesn’t require a physical classroom to get everyone involved. That makes Flipgrid an ideal remote learning tool as well as a powerful homework based application for students to use with each other.
Paper Slide Storytelling
Paper Slide Videos are a quick way to do a one-take recording of students teaching information. Use your iPad or iPhone in video mode and slide the prepared papers in one at a time as you talk about each, telling the story of what you learned or wrote.
Stop Motion Animation
Stop motion animation is a film making technique that makes inanimate objects appear to move on their own.
Choose Your Own Adventure
Your students can make their own “Choose Your Own Adventure” stories!
Click edit button to build out a learning activity that can be done collaboratively with your brother/sister cohort or with some or all of the other cohorts.
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Storytelling
Center- and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Digital: Create a paper slide video or a screencast to tell all about yourself!
3. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
4. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm