November 2021 Agenda—Fremont, Nebraska (STEM Cohort)
From the educator’s perspective… #WeAreGrateful
- Colossians 3:17 – And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
- 1 Chronicles 16:34 – Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.
- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 – Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus
November is National Homelessness Awareness Month
- What can you do to make an impact in your community?
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
Let’s share our work on Nearpod.
The class code is 7EA6D
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for January 27, 2022
2. Other important dates – Thanksgiving is on Thursday this year. Christmas is the 25th of December and the New Year falls on January 1st.
3. 2022/2023 cohorts are now forming!
(Letter from Brent Dieckhoff, founder and executive director of TEC21)
Dear TEC21 Participants,
“Oh give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy endureth forever.” Psalm 118:29
It’s always at this time of the year that I find myself extra thankful for the TEC21 ministry. Perhaps it’s because the workshop program is well on its way during another school term or maybe it’s because Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Either way, I am so thankful for the MANY ways God has blessed our work over the past 13 years and am now waiting in expectation for the plans he has in store for us in Season 14.
I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for joining us this year and for all that you do for Lutheran school ministries for the sake of the gospel. Thank you for modeling to your students your desire to continue to learn for their good. It is my prayer that the relationships you are forming and the learning that is taking place as you gather together each month through our workshop program has been and will continue to be a blessing to both you personally and to your teaching ministry not only for this year, but for many years to come. Personally, I find that being able to connect with other teachers is vital to my teaching ministry. It is a boost to my spiritual, intellectual, and emotional well-being. I love learning with and from others and the relationships that have formed through my TEC21 connections help to keep me feeling fresh and excited to serve in Lutheran education. It is my hope and prayer that this is the case for you, too.
The facilitators and I are now forming our next cohorts that will begin in September of 2022. We’d like to ask you for your help by being an ambassador for our program. Personal testimonies go a very long way, so I would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for Season 14. They could be teachers from your school or any other school. With your help we will be able to impact more teachers and their students. I thank you in advance for the support of our efforts and your partnership in ministry!
God’s peace be with you.
#TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
“I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel…” Philippians 1:4-5
Principals can register with their name to save spots for one or more of your teachers. To register, have them click here.
We look forward in Workshop #3 to SHARE resources and best teaching and learning practices with one another.
1. Explore and discover a variety of digital tools and learning activities to use in order to assess student progress and understanding.
2. Create a digital assessment activity which could be incorporated into an upcoming lesson or unit.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Digital Assessments & Coding Activities
Complete an activity on the Code.org Hour of Code! Try out a few sites your students would like to use. Get ready for December 6-12!
Complete an activity on ThinkFun.org OR Kodable.org with a partner. These “unplugged” activities teach the basics of coding without using a computer.
Create a Scratch program that includes a background and a moving character
Google Sites is a wonderful tool for you and your students to being creating your online portfolio.
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Assessments & Coding
1. Digital: Develop and incorporate a digital assessment and/or coding activity to use with your students in a lesson or unit you’ll be teaching before we meet again in January.
2. Social: Post to TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook or another social media platform. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you teaching and/or your students learning, or a sample of a digital assessment you used with your students.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource–an inspiration–to one of your colleagues.
4. 2022/2023 cohorts are now forming! Personal testimonies go a long way, so we would be most grateful if you would encourage a teacher to register for Season 14. We thank you in advance for the support of our efforts as we strive to encourage and support the many wonderful teachers serving in Lutheran education. #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need any help with technology integration or you have questions about something we did this year! I am always happy to help.
Phone: you have it! Don’t be afraid to use it.