November 2021 Agenda—Rockford, Illinois
Begin at 9:00am
- Connect to the digital agenda: http://tec21connect.com/agenda/november-2021-agenda-rockford-illinois/
- Connect to each other:
- What is something positive that happened since we last met?
- Do you have something to add to the Growth Mindset Jamboard?
- Connect to the Lord in prayer:
- What prayer requests do you have to add to the Padlet? Take time to share those in the October column of the Padlet.
We are going to review our progress from October using Pear Deck. You will enter the code given and participate as a student. Feel free to explore Pear Deck during your work time. It is an Add On in Google. It works with Google Slides and is stored in your Drive.
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced, or a lesson you or your students learned. (Be sure to add your activities to the Google Slides Presentation. This will be shared on Celebration Day in April.)
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, January 20, 2022.
2. Boone-Winnebago Regional Office of Education Professional Development
3. 2022/2023 cohorts are now forming!
(Letter from Brent Dieckhoff, founder and executive director of TEC21)
Dear TEC21 Participants,
“Oh give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy endureth forever.” Psalm 118:29
It’s always at this time of the year that I find myself extra thankful for the TEC21 ministry. Perhaps it’s because the workshop program is well on its way during another school term or maybe it’s because Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Either way, I am so thankful for the MANY ways God has blessed our work over the past 13 years and am now waiting in expectation for the plans he has in store for us in Season 14.
I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for joining us this year and for all that you do for Lutheran school ministries for the sake of the gospel. Thank you for modeling to your students your desire to continue to learn for their good. It is my prayer that the relationships you are forming and the learning that is taking place as you gather together each month through our workshop program has been and will continue to be a blessing to both you personally and to your teaching ministry not only for this year, but for many years to come. Personally, I find that being able to connect with other teachers is vital to my teaching ministry. It is a boost to my spiritual, intellectual, and emotional well-being. I love learning with and from others and the relationships that have formed through my TEC21 connections help to keep me feeling fresh and excited to serve in Lutheran education. It is my hope and prayer that this is the case for you, too.
The facilitators and I are now forming our next cohorts that will begin in September of 2022. We’d like to ask you for your help by being an ambassador for our program. Personal testimonies go a very long way, so I would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for Season 14. They could be teachers from your school or any other school. With your help we will be able to impact more teachers and their students. I thank you in advance for the support of our efforts and your partnership in ministry!
God’s peace be with you.
#TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
“I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel…” Philippians 1:4-5
Principals can register with their name to save spots for one or more of your teachers. To register, have them click here.
We look forward in Workshop #3 to SHARE resources and best teaching and learning practices with one another.
1. Explore and discover a variety of digital tools and learning activities to use in order to assess student progress and understanding.
2. Create a digital assessment activity which could be incorporated into an upcoming lesson or unit.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Digital Assessments & Coding Activities
Formative Assessment/Coding Learning Activities
Activity 1 (On Your Own): Create a short digital assessment using one of the following:
Activity 2 (With a partner): Complete an activity on the Code.org Hour of Code!
Activity 3 (Whole Group): Play a digital escape game!
Thanksgiving Virtual Escape
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Assessments & Coding
Center- and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
This is your time to work on an activity for your class.
1. Digital: Develop and incorporate a digital assessment and/or coding activity to use with your students in a lesson or unit you’ll be teaching before we meet again in January.
2. Social: Post to TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook or another social media platform. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you teaching and/or your students learning, or a sample of a digital assessment you used with your students.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource–an inspiration–to one of your colleagues.
4. 2022/2023 cohorts are now forming! Personal testimonies go a long way, so we would be most grateful if you would encourage a teacher to register for Season 14. We thank you in advance for the support of our efforts as we strive to encourage and support the many wonderful teachers serving in Lutheran education. #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need any help with technology integration or you have questions about something we did in our sessions. I am always happy to help.