November 2021 Agenda—Collinsville, Illinois
Begin at 9:00am
What are you thankful for this year? How can your thankfulness be shared in your words and deeds? With your students? With colleagues?
Colossians 3:17 – And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
1 Chronicles 16:34 – Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 – Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
What was something you tried?
Was it successful or not?
Will you do something differently next time or were you happy with how it went?
Take a moment to add to your Google Slide presentation!
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, January 20.
2. IDEA- Illinois Digital Educators Alliance
Excellent list of offerings and resources!
3. 2022/2023 cohorts are now forming!
(Letter from Brent Dieckhoff, founder and executive director of TEC21)
Dear TEC21 Participants,
“Oh give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy endureth forever.” Psalm 118:29
It’s always at this time of the year that I find myself extra thankful for the TEC21 ministry. Perhaps it’s because the workshop program is well on its way during another school term or maybe it’s because Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Either way, I am so thankful for the MANY ways God has blessed our work over the past 13 years and am now waiting in expectation for the plans he has in store for us in Season 14.
I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for joining us this year and for all that you do for Lutheran school ministries for the sake of the gospel. Thank you for modeling to your students your desire to continue to learn for their good. It is my prayer that the relationships you are forming and the learning that is taking place as you gather together each month through our workshop program has been and will continue to be a blessing to both you personally and to your teaching ministry not only for this year, but for many years to come. Personally, I find that being able to connect with other teachers is vital to my teaching ministry. It is a boost to my spiritual, intellectual, and emotional well-being. I love learning with and from others and the relationships that have formed through my TEC21 connections help to keep me feeling fresh and excited to serve in Lutheran education. It is my hope and prayer that this is the case for you, too.
The facilitators and I are now forming our next cohorts that will begin in September of 2022. We’d like to ask you for your help by being an ambassador for our program. Personal testimonies go a very long way, so I would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for Season 14. They could be teachers from your school or any other school. With your help we will be able to impact more teachers and their students. I thank you in advance for the support of our efforts and your partnership in ministry!
God’s peace be with you.
#TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
“I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel…” Philippians 1:4-5
Principals can register with their name to save spots for one or more of your teachers. To register, have them click here.
We look forward in Workshop #3 to SHARE resources and best teaching and learning practices with one another.
1. Explore and discover a variety of digital tools and learning activities to use in order to assess student progress and understanding.
2. Create a digital assessment activity which could be incorporated into an upcoming lesson or unit.
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Digital Assessments & Coding Activities
On Your Own
Choose Quizizz or Kahoot and create a quiz for students to do on their own or with a whole group! Take a look at the Quizizz and Kahoots already created and find some that might work with your group!
With a Partner
Work together to create a digital assessment using PearDeck with Google Slides.
Check out Plickers! A great tool using hands on cards to assess and get feedback from your students.
On Your Own
Try one of the Hour of Code activities.
With a partner
Try one of the activities on the Think Fun website. These are offline activities.
Let’s Collaborate! Open the Thankful Turkey and find the slide with your name. Put together your turkey and what you are thankful for.
Here is a copy of the Thankful Turkey for you to use in your classroom!
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Assessments & Coding
Center- and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Develop and incorporate a digital assessment and/or coding activity to use with your students in a lesson or unit you’ll be teaching before we meet again in January.
2. Social: Post to TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook or another social media platform. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you teaching and/or your students learning, or a sample of a digital assessment you used with your students.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource–an inspiration–to one of your colleagues.
4. 2022/2023 cohorts are now forming! Personal testimonies go a long way, so we would be most grateful if you would encourage a teacher to register for Season 14. We thank you in advance for the support of our efforts as we strive to encourage and support the many wonderful teachers serving in Lutheran education. #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need any help with technology integration or you have questions about something we did this year! I am always happy to help.
Phone: 618-980-1286 (call or text)
I can also be found on Facebook, Twitter (@kathymaske), or Instagram (@kathymaske)