November 2021 Agenda—Burnsville, Minnesota
Begin at 9:00am
- To WiFi: The Minnesota South District Office has a guest internet access. The SSID or Name is case sensitive: MNS-Guest . The Password or Security Key is also case sensitive: WelcomeMNS . Please note – there are no spaces in the login information.
- How to get to today’s agenda: If you can read this, you’re already there.
- To each other – Grab a breakfast item! Meet your fellow TEC21 participants!
- I am thankful for dirty dishes in my sink, because this means I have food to eat, something on which to eat it, and running water/dishwasher to clean them.This is a weird thing for which to be thankful. But, it does help put things into perspective, make us appreciate things, and put a positive spin on an unpleasant situation.What are some weird things that you are thankful for?
- Put them on this “thankful turkey“.
- Here is a “clean” copy of thankful turkey to use in your classrooms. Make a copy of it so you can edit it.
1. Digital: Engage your students in a digital storytelling activity or project. Share your experience by posting for others to see!
2. Digital: Create a paper slide video or a screencast to tell all about yourself!
3. Social: Post a question, an answer, a resource, a picture of your students working on digital storytelling, or an example of a student project to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook.
4. Spiritual: Be a resource to at least one new person on your faculty before we meet again.
Let’s take some time to reflect on last month’s TEC21 Challenges and share experiences. Share a success, a challenge you experienced or a lesson learned.
1. The next workshop date is scheduled for Thursday, January 20th.
2. Hour of Code: December 6-12. Register & learn more here. For ages 4-104.
3. Anyone know of other opportunities in the area coming up? Or online?
4. 2022/2023 cohorts are now forming!
(Letter from Brent Dieckhoff, founder and executive director of TEC21)
Dear TEC21 Participants,
“Oh give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good; for His mercy endureth forever.” Psalm 118:29
It’s always at this time of the year that I find myself extra thankful for the TEC21 ministry. Perhaps it’s because the workshop program is well on its way during another school term or maybe it’s because Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Either way, I am so thankful for the MANY ways God has blessed our work over the past 13 years and am now waiting in expectation for the plans he has in store for us in Season 14.
I want to take this opportunity to say thank you for joining us this year and for all that you do for Lutheran school ministries for the sake of the gospel. Thank you for modeling to your students your desire to continue to learn for their good. It is my prayer that the relationships you are forming and the learning that is taking place as you gather together each month through our workshop program has been and will continue to be a blessing to both you personally and to your teaching ministry not only for this year, but for many years to come. Personally, I find that being able to connect with other teachers is vital to my teaching ministry. It is a boost to my spiritual, intellectual, and emotional well-being. I love learning with and from others and the relationships that have formed through my TEC21 connections help to keep me feeling fresh and excited to serve in Lutheran education. It is my hope and prayer that this is the case for you, too.
The facilitators and I are now forming our next cohorts that will begin in September of 2022. We’d like to ask you for your help by being an ambassador for our program. Personal testimonies go a very long way, so I would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for Season 14. They could be teachers from your school or any other school. With your help we will be able to impact more teachers and their students. I thank you in advance for the support of our efforts and your partnership in ministry!
God’s peace be with you.
#TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
“I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel…” Philippians 1:4-5
Principals can register with their name to save spots for one or more of your teachers. To register, have them click here.
We look forward in Workshop #3 to SHARE resources and best teaching and learning practices with one another.
1. Explore and discover a variety of digital tools and learning activities to use in order to assess student progress and understanding. AND…begin looking at coding applications in your curriculum!
2. Create a digital assessment activity which could be incorporated into an upcoming lesson or unit. AND…hold an Hour of Code event at your school!
3. Be a resource to another colleague by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Digital Assessments & Coding Activities
Pick an activity for today!
Create a formative assessment like a Kahoot or Blookit!
Create Google Slides using the Pear Deck extension!
Code a game on Scratch! Can you make a “Catch the Bad Guy” game?
Code with Dash! Can you make Dash do a figure 8?
Code with mBot! Can you make an mBot do a figure 8?
Code with a Drone! Can you make the drone FLY a figure 8?
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Digital Assessments & Coding
Center- and Educator-specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Digital: Develop and incorporate a digital assessment and/or coding activity to use with your students in a lesson or unit you’ll be teaching before we meet again in January. (Also consider sharing it on Google Classroom!!)
2. Social: Post to TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook or another social media platform. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, a picture of you teaching and/or your students learning, or a sample of a digital assessment you used with your students.
3. Spiritual: Be a resource–an inspiration–to one of your colleagues.
4. 2022/2023 cohorts are now forming! Personal testimonies go a long way, so we would be most grateful if you would encourage a teacher to register for Season 14. We thank you in advance for the support of our efforts as we strive to encourage and support the many wonderful teachers serving in Lutheran education. #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
To open the reflection in its own tab, select HERE.
Dismiss at 2:00pm
My Contact Info
firstname.lastname@example.org – Facebook: @nelsonrcls – Twitter: @nelsonrcls – Pinterest: nelsonrcls – 507.358.5839