May 2022 Agenda—Burnsville, Minnesota
Begin at 9:00am
- To WiFi: The Minnesota South District Office has a guest internet access. The SSID or Name is case sensitive: MNS-Guest . The Password or Security Key is also case sensitive: WelcomeMNS . Please note – there are no spaces in the login information.
- How to get to today’s agenda: If you can read this, you’re already there.
- To each other – Grab a breakfast item! Meet your fellow TEC21 participants!
1. Facilitators, please add any other local, regional or national events (i.e. a summer meet-up, local pd opportunities such as EdCamps, district fall conferences, LEA Convocation, etc. – all of which provide great opportunities for TEC21 teachers to connect outside of the workshops).
2. This summer, we will be preparing our TEC21 website for “Season 14” so we encourage you to bookmark the “Season 13” workshop agendas now so you have access to them in the future. Here’s the link – https://tec21connect.com/2021-2022-workshop-agendas/ Please note: When we perform quarterly updates on our website’s theme, webpages, and various plug-ins, we do not include all of the previous years’ agendas (archived webpages) in the process as it would be a very time intensive process. The good Lutheran question is “What does this mean?” It means that over time past agendas may start to look a little wonky, but the links and resources will still be accessible.
How to Obtain 3 Graduate-level Credits Through Your TEC21 Experience
The online application period ENDS May 15, 2022.
Will you be needing to renew your teaching license soon? Are you thinking about pursuing a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, we encourage you to consider applying to Concordia University, Nebraska, to receive three graduate-level credits for your TEC21 experience. There is no additional work that is required of you to obtain these credits. The online application opens February 15 and runs through May 15, 2022. Follow these four steps to apply (If you experience any issues, email Jeremy.Geidel@cune.edu for assistance.):
STEP ONE: Select the “Apply Here” link to create an account.
STEP TWO: Complete the fields in the form. Where it asks for Academic Level, select “Non-Degree Coursework”. Where it asks for Entry Term, select “Summer Semester 2022”. Where it asks for Academic Program, select “TEC21”. After completing the remaining fields, select “Create Account”. Note: If you are prompted to submit a transcript, disregard this request as this has been waived by Concordia.
STEP THREE: Check your email for confirmation that your application came through successfully.
STEP FOUR: Select the link provided in the confirmation email to make your online payment in the amount of $240 ($80/credit hour) using a debit or credit card.
On June 1, transcripts will be available upon request. If you ever have questions regarding how these three graduate-level credits could be applied to a master’s degree program now or in the coming years (they are good for 5 years), contact Anna Boriack, Director of Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Innovation Specialist. She will be happy to help you. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Concordia University, Nebraska is a ministry partner of TEC21, so they may email you from time to time to share opportunities of how these credits could be applied toward graduate-level programs they offer.
Please note: The opportunity detailed above is optional. Additionally, all TEC21 participants will receive a certificate on the final workshop day stating 35 professional development hours have been completed through the TEC21 Workshop Program. How state board of education departments and the 35 LCMS districts recognize these 35 hours of professional development vary from state to state and district to district. (For example, see how the Kansas District of the LCMS Licensure Renewal has a distinct process in place for the teachers serving in this district.) So, be sure to contact your respective state’s board of education department or your LCMS district office if you have any questions on how to renew your certificate or license using your TEC21 experience!
We look forward in this final workshop to ensure bridges are in place to provide a lifetime of connected learning and support.
1. Continue to be both a consumer and a contributor in your professional learning network.
2. Plan how you will continue to be a connected, resourceful life-long learner.
3. Celebrate each other’s TEC21 achievements through today’s mini-conference format.
Collaboration! We are each other’s BEST resources 🙂
Throughout this program, we have emphasized the value of being connected educators in Lutheran education today. We have shared specific platforms in which TEC21 facilitators and teachers connect online to further build and strengthen their professional learning networks. As we wrap up this series of workshops, what a great time to reflect on the benefits of being able to gather together for these monthly sessions to be equipped, trained, encouraged, and supported. We hope the relationships that have been built this year will continue to be a blessing to your teaching ministry for many years to come! And know that as a team of facilitators, we will always be here for you! #LutheranSchoolsThrive
Facebook Group: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1” to ask questions and share ideas to support one another!
Facebook: Please help us get the word out to as many teachers as possible about the TEC21 Workshop Program by “Liking” us on the TEC21 Facebook Page!
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
Mini-conference Style Presentations
This is the opportunity for you to share what you have learned and how you have grown as an educator through the processes of inquiry, investigation, implementation, and reflection.
Time to gather your…
Click on the SHARED DOCUMENTS to access everyone’s presentation links from all the workshop centers.
The bestowing of award, praise and adulation.
We officially dub you TEC21 Teachers–connected, resourceful life-long learners!
1. “Pomp & Circumstance”
2. Presentation of “diplomas”
3. Presentation of TEC21 Digital Badges
Dear TEC21 Teachers,
As educators, we all know how hard it is to keep up with the needs of students. TEC21 recognizes the extra effort it takes to learn, stretch and grow to provide Technology Enriched Classrooms. We applaud every principal who has given the green light to allow teachers to participate in our workshops, and every teacher who has stepped outside his or her comfort zone to be vigorously challenged. Our goal with you is a contagious classroom full of motivated students.
You have earned this badge. We have provided it in two sizes each for school administrators and teachers. We hope you’ll proudly display it on your school website, personal classroom website, and your email signature.
Thank you for making a TEC21 classroom a badge of honor.
Serving Him with you,
The TEC21 Facilitators
Pictured above are the TEC21 Facilitators as we gathered together for our annual summer academy, in Seward, Nebraska, in June of 2022.
For School Administrators
Small School Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://tec21connect.com/" title="Tec21"><img src="https://tec21connect.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/TEC21-School-Badge-256x75.png" alt="Tec21" style="border:none;width:100%;max-width:256px;height:auto;" /></a></div>
Large School Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://tec21connect.com/" title="Tec21"><img src="https://tec21connect.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/TEC21-School-Badge-256x256.png" alt="Tec21" style="border:none;width:100%;max-width:256px;height:auto;" /></a></div>
Small Teacher Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://tec21connect.com/" title="Tec21"><img src="https://tec21connect.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/TEC21-Educator-Badge-256x75.png" alt="Tec21" style="border:none;width:100%;max-width:256px;height:auto;" /></a></div>
Large Teacher Badge
<div align="center"><a href="https://tec21connect.com/" title="Tec21"><img src="https://tec21connect.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/TEC21-Educator-Badge-256x256.png" alt="Tec21" style="border:none;width:100%;max-width:256px;height:auto;" /></a></div>
Top Digital Tools & Resources on Summer Learning
Center- and Educator-Specific Digital Tools & Resources
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
Final TEC21 Challenges
1. Digital: Continue to be a connected educator!
2. Social: Continue to be a life-long learner!
3. Spiritual: Continue to be a resource to others!