February 2021 Agenda—Muntinlupa, Philippines
Begin at 2:00pm
Click here for the Google Meet link.
What’s So Good About Good Friday? As we begin to examine ourselves in Lent watch this video to see how words, order, color, and music can tell the story. How could your learners tell the story of Good Friday?
Holy Week Devotion
As we follow Jesus from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday, let’s each take one story and share it multi-modally. Sign your name by one story on this collaborative document and each select a different tech tool to use to tell your story and write it on the sheet too. Create your project, save and get a link, then embed the link in the name of the tech tool on the collaborative document by highlighting the tool then clicking on the chain link in the toolbar and inserting the link to your project. You can find the verses at: Biblegateway.com
Palm Sunday (Matthew 21:1-17)
Jesus anointed by Mary in Simon’s House at Bethany-Tuesday: (Matthew 26:6-13)
Preparation for the Passover-Tuesday night: (Luke 22:7-16, 24-30)
Jesus washes the Apostles’ feet to teach them humility-Thursday night: (John 13:1-20)
Jesus opens his heart to the disciples about his departure-Thursday night: (John 14-16)
Jesus’ intercessory prayer near Gethsemane-Thursday night: (John 17)
Betrayal, arrest and trial-Friday morning: (Matthew 26:47-27:30)
Jesus crucified on the cross-Friday: (Luke 23:33-46)
The Resurrection-Sunday: (Matthew 28:5-8)
Some tools you may use, but are not limited to, to portray this episode of Jesus’ passion:
(b) Sutori Timeline
(c) iMovie Trailer
How To Venn Diagram
(k) Free Bible Easter photos: (http://all-free-download.com/free-photos/free-Easter-bible-photos.html) try Bible Verses Images
- The next workshop date is on April 24, 2021.
- Get ready for our Celebration Day in May.
- In October, we shared ways in which TEC21 facilitators and teachers connect online to further build and strengthen their professional learning networks. With the start of the second semester, what a great time to reflect on the benefits of being able to gather together for these monthly sessions to be trained, equipped, encouraged and supported. We hope the relationships that are being built will continue to be a blessing to your teaching ministry for many years to come! #LutheranSchoolsThrive
Here are some ways TEC21 facilitators and teachers connect online to further build and strengthen their professional learning network:
Facebook Group: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1” to ask questions and share ideas to support one another.
Facebook: Please help us get the word out to as many teachers as possible about the TEC21 Workshop Program by “Liking” us on the TEC21 Facebook Page!
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
2. Have you made any New Year’s Professional Growth Resolutions? They might come in handy for “Celebration Day” in May. Share with the group or the person next to you. Maybe you can become an accountability partner with someone to help each other meet your goal. Do you remember the working definitions for short- and long-term goals we shared with you back in September?
- SHORT-TERM – Some sort of technology integrating lesson or activity you want to do with your students THIS MONTH.
- LONG-TERM – A major change in the way you teach or manage your classroom. “I want to do less of THAT and more of THIS.” It could include a blog, a website used for flipping your classroom, going paperless with Google Docs, using digital portfolios for student work, integrating project based learning using a specific tool or tools. There are many possibilities. Think of something you’ve seen or heard about that makes you “spark” and think, “Yeah! I want to do more of THAT!”
1. Discover the educational value of student-created technology activities to demonstrate learning.
2. Explore video creation tools and resources to use with your students.
3. Design a student-centered project or assessment involving the use of technology.
4. Be a resource to another teacher by sharing with them a digital tool, a resource, a learning activity, or an assessment strategy you learned about at today’s workshop.
Here is an Educreations screencast that teaches the process of making a screencast and the importance of keeping the length short. Educreations is both an iPad app and a website so works on all devices.
Green Screen in iMovie Tutorial. Step by step directions to use iMovie to make green screen videos.Use Video Overlay Settings and Blue/Green Screen options. Free for Macs & iPads. Doesn’t work on Chromebook. Check here for best video options for all devices!
Flipping the Classroom
This video was created to show you how easy it is to FLIP the classroom. You may have heard of this as a Flipped Classroom, Flipped Learning, or maybe reverse instruction.
Digital Tools & Resources
Growing plants in space and on earth & teacher’s Bitmoji: Kansas teacher wins contest, students part of International Space Station experiment Setting up an experiment using Bitmoji Classroom. How can you use this tool in out of this world ways?!
Virtual Whiteboard that lets you draw and add sticky notes to type on for free. Paid version allows you to insert images, PDFs, and mp3’s. Display in a tab while you teach using Zoom, then use the drawing tool to comment as you teach. Collaborative feature to invite student input in real time with paid version. Also check out AWWapp. A Whiteboard App. Paid but allows you to type directly on the board. Works well with Zoom. Can create before class, then share the link so all students can add to the board in real time.
Wide Open School. Experiment with science projects. Explore nature and space. Free STEM projects.
A great selection of free virtual labs for biology, chemistry, physics, ecology, cells, and more. You will find games, virtual labs, dissections, simulations, handouts, and much more. Check out PhET Interactive Simulations.
We all know the value of hands-on learning, but sometimes providing science labs and dissections can be challenging, especially for remote learners. The equipment and supplies can be expensive or hard to find. Virtual labs and dissections may be a good option for you. Virtual dissections can also be a good alternative for those who have moral concerns about dissecting animals. Check out several free resources here.
PlayPosit is an interactive video you can give students to engage them in answering questions while they watch the video. Interactive video is…three times as effective as standard video – learners explore and apply new material at their own pace in a digital setting. It offers accountable tracking of viewing, creates and assigns impactful video experiences, enriches your flipped classroom, and streamlines tedious grading. There is a cost. Compare it to EdPuzzle to see if the free tool can do what you need.
The #1 Green Screen app for the iPad and iPhone in Education is also a 2019 Winner of the Best Apps for Teaching and Learning by the AASL (American Association of School Librarians). Classroom-tested by kids and teachers, this app emphasizes ease-of-use and simplicity while still enabling fantastic results. With Green Screen by Do Ink, you can tell a story, explain an idea, and express yourself in truly creative and unique ways. Watch this video to see how kids can use this app to make videos using green screen.
- Digital: Engage your students in a collaborative learning activity to enrich a lesson or unit. You might even consider teaming with another teacher on your faculty or one from anywhere around the world.
- Social: Post to the TEC21 Educators Group on Facebook. It can be a comment, an answer to someone’s question, a resource, or a picture of you and your students engaging in a collaborative learning activity.
- Spiritual: Be a resource for one of your colleagues at your school by sharing a digital tool, a teaching strategy or learning activity.
- Season 13 cohorts are forming now! Please encourage a fellow teacher to join us next year! Personal testimonies go a long way, so we would be most grateful if you would help us by thinking of a fellow teacher or teachers that you could encourage to register for the 2021/2022 school year. They could be teachers from your school or any other school for that matter. With your help we will be able to impact more teachers and their students for the sake of the gospel. Share with them how valuable it’s been to you to be able to connect with other teachers serving in Lutheran schools outside of your school building and the positive impact it’s having on you and your students. We thank you in advance for any support of our efforts that you can give to us. Thank you for supporting our mission and vision and being an ambassador for TEC21! #TEC21lcms #LutheranSchoolsThrive #LuthEd
Inspire! We are each other’s BEST resources 🙂
Dismiss at 5:00pm
My Contact Info
Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions, problems, or suggestions.
Rea Mae Abadiano
- Email: email@example.com
- Cell: (0917) 322 2092
John Bradley A. Gomez
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell: (0917) 303 8260