“Anchored in Hope” – Hebrews 6:19
We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.
1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Boost your professional learning network by connecting to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community.
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
4. Explore and discover Google educational applications for the classroom. We’ll learn best practices from each other by sharing how we use some of these resourceful tools in our classrooms.
1. Water fountain? Restrooms?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University-Nebraska has a heart for TEC21’s mission which is to invest in the lives of teachers serving in the Lutheran schools. This is why they have partnered with us in support of our efforts. Together, we have developed a special arrangement where you may receive three graduate credits for your participation in The TEC21 Workshop Program at a cost of $80/credit hour. Some teachers have used these credits toward attaining an endorsement (option #1) or an M.Ed. (options #2, #3, and #4). Additionally, many teachers have simply used their TEC21 experience as a means to help them meet their state’s recertification requirements (option #5). Listed below are the options your graduate credits can be used for should you choose to take advantage of this opportunity:
6. Upcoming events:
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you outside of our face-to-face sessions!)
Facebook: Please help us get the word out to as many teachers as possible about the TEC21 Workshop Program by “Liking” us on the TEC21 Facebook Page!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin along with hundreds of other teaches on the shared board! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know so we can add you as a collaborator.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
1. Introduction to Google+ communities:
2. Intro to the basics:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access to the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
Make it, take it – Let’s create a Google Form!
Add ons are mini programs that are attached to a specific Google Suite Application (such as forms or docs) that allow you to do something more with that application.
Google Chrome Web Store – (chrome.google.com/webstore) is a location to find extensions, themes, apps, games. Most are free and easy to use. Extensions are small programs that are attached to your Chrome browser and can customize how you use it.
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
Apps Gone Free (iOS and Android) is a free app which offers anywhere from 4 – 7 free apps each day. They range from the educational (usually lower grades or young children) to the personal (like organization), from games to picture editing. Normally costing $0.99 – $4.99, this is a great way to find apps that you and your students might use.
Rubistar is an easy to use website where you can either create your own rubrics using templates or select one of many pre-made rubrics to borrow. You can use rubistar without setting up an account to create a quick rubric and print. If you want to save the rubric, go ahead and create an account.
ClassDojo is an online classroom-management platform that helps teachers record and track their students’ behaviors in real time while also giving students instant feedback. Much of this happens publicly through the use of a visual tracker, often displayed to the class on a screen or interactive whiteboard. Teachers can keep some information private depending on how they choose to set things up. The platform is designed to help individual students, as well as entire classes, identify areas for improved behavior and set related goals. (Free, K – 6)
The Smithsonian Tween Tribune has a plethora of free K-12 news source for schools. Lexile leveled articles can be read at a variety of reading levels with the touch of a button so all students can read the same information at a level they can understand. Daily AP news articles, critical thinking questions, Spanish articles, Tech articles.
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Implement something you’re taking away from today’s session (i.e. a student-created project, a resource, a tool, an instructional strategy, an organizational practice, etc.). It can be learner-centered, teacher-centered or a combination of both. Come ready to share your experience when we meet again in October!
2. Make your first post to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community. As a result, we will connect, share, inspire, grow, and support one another making our Lutheran schools thrive!
3. Again, with the words connect, share, inspire, grow, and support in mind, identify one person on your faculty and be a resource to them between now and October’s session.
If the embedded form isn’t cooperating with your device, you can also complete the form HERE.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me at any time during the year with questions, problems, or suggestions.
Phone: 989-790-1676 ext. 12 (school)