Who Am I? Your Identity in Christ:
Wide, Restored, Child of God, Chosen, New Creation, Holy and Blameless, Masterpiece, Loved, Made Complete
Using Bible Gateway find a verse that relates to one of the above words.
1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Boost your professional learning network by connecting to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community.
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
4. Explore and discover Google educational applications for the classroom. We’ll learn best practices from each other by sharing how we use some of these resourceful tools in our classrooms.
1. Water is in the Faculty Lounge. Restrooms are directly across the way from the STEM lab.
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
3. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
4. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University-Nebraska has a heart for TEC21’s mission which is to invest in the lives of teachers serving in the Lutheran schools. This is why they have partnered with us in support of our efforts. Together, we have developed a special arrangement where you may receive three graduate credits for your participation in The TEC21 Workshop Program at a cost of $80/credit hour. Some teachers have used these credits toward attaining an endorsement (option #1) or an M.Ed. (options #2, #3, and #4). Additionally, many teachers have simply used their TEC21 experience as a means to help them meet their state’s recertification requirements (option #5). Listed below are the options your graduate credits can be used for should you choose to take advantage of this opportunity:
6. Upcoming events:
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you outside of our face-to-face sessions!)
Facebook: Please help us get the word out to as many teachers as possible about the TEC21 Workshop Program by “Liking” us on the TEC21 Facebook Page!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin along with hundreds of other teaches on the shared board! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know so we can add you as a collaborator.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
1. Introduction to Google+ communities:
2. Intro to the basics:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access to the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
Google Training Center: Bootcamp for all things having to do with the Google Suite.
Ditch that Textbook-Google add ons for Google Classroom with easy to follow links.
I am raw html block.
Click edit button to change this html
Make it, take it – Let’s create a Google Form!
Let’s Collaborate! Take a minute to add an idea to the Padlet board. What is your favorite Google Add-On or Extension? Simply click on the + in the lower right corner, enter your name on the top line, then insert a Google tool you love to use!
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
Flipgrid allows teachers to set up a site (“grid”) and pose a question via video for students or others to answer, also via video. Users respond to the initial question, with their responses becoming part of a threaded video conversation. You can create one free, then need to delete it before creating a new one.
Empowers students to independently document their work by taking a picture of their work, telling about it using the microphone, or linking to a multimedia project they made. Parents can view. Helps organize for teachers.
Inventioneers: Excellent physics puzzler that emphasizes engineering practices. Fun and challenging for all ages!
Newsela is a website dedicated to news and informational text for a wide range of grade levels. Teachers can select one of several reading levels for each article and can also use pre-made quizzes on the material. Articles are continually updated to reflect current news.
This You Tube Channel houses hundreds of short videos demonstrating the best apps. Explore by content area, ELL, Early Childhood, Classroom Examples, and more. See each app demonstrated for use in the classroom.
Developed by Stanford University to inspire students to have an open and creative mathematics mindset. There are free lessons, videos, challenged, and training. Their videos are an awesome way to introduce the growth mindset to your students.
Provides educators and students access to the highest quality practices and resources in reading and language arts instruction. Topics include venn diagrams, timelines, poetry, etc.
Tutorial videos about any subject you can imagine. You can also take quizzes and test your knowledge.
Provides students and teachers with primary and secondary history resources and lessons that include artifacts, documents, media and books. Easy to to use and search.
Need a brain/movement break for your students? Sign into this website for fun, short activities to get your class moving.
Templates to use instead of Google Presentation’s typical templates. Save it first to your Google Drive, make a copy of the presentation, and then you have an editable file.
A fun website where you draw pictures that the computer has to guess.
The purpose of this site is to share information about free technology resources that teachers can use in their classrooms. Lots of ideas!!
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Implement something you’re taking away from today’s session (i.e. a student-created project, a resource, a tool, an instructional strategy, an organizational practice, etc.). It can be learner-centered, teacher-centered or a combination of both. Come ready to share your experience when we meet again in October!
2. Make your first post to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community. As a result, we will connect, share, inspire, grow, and support one another making our Lutheran schools thrive!
3. Again, with the words connect, share, inspire, grow, and support in mind, identify one person on your faculty and be a resource to them between now and October’s session.
If the embedded form isn’t cooperating with your device, you can also complete the form HERE.