1. Discover TEC21’s vision and mission – what we do, how we do it and most importantly why we do it.
2. Boost your professional learning network by connecting to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community.
3. Gain an understanding of the TEC21 road map for the school year culminating in May with “Celebration Day”.
4. Explore and discover Google educational applications for the classroom. We’ll learn best practices from each other by sharing how we use some of these resourceful tools in our classrooms.
1. Water fountain? Restrooms?
2. What does the timeline of a typical workshop day look like?
4. This series of workshops will provide you the opportunity to grow in a fun, safe and supportive environment. How and what you decide to implement into your classroom is up to you–personalized learning at its best!
5. What is “Celebration Day”?
5. Concordia University-Nebraska has a heart for TEC21’s mission which is to invest in the lives of teachers serving in the Lutheran schools. This is why they have partnered with us in support of our efforts. Together, we have developed a special arrangement where you may receive three graduate credits for your participation in The TEC21 Workshop Program at a cost of $80/credit hour. Some teachers have used these credits toward attaining an endorsement (option #1) or an M.Ed. (options #2, #3, and #4). Additionally, many teachers have simply used their TEC21 experience as a means to help them meet their state’s recertification requirements (option #5). Listed below are the options your graduate credits can be used for should you choose to take advantage of this opportunity:
6. Upcoming events:
Google+: Engage with TEC21 Educators going all the way back to “Season 1″ to ask questions and share ideas to support one another (We’ll be taking a much closer look at his one today as this is how we provide support to you outside of our face-to-face sessions!)
Facebook: Please help us get the word out to as many teachers as possible about the TEC21 Workshop Program by “Liking” us on the TEC21 Facebook Page!
Pinterest: Follow TEC21’s collaborative board and we’ll invite you to pin along with hundreds of other teaches on the shared board! If you don’t receive an invitation, be sure to let one of the facilitators know so we can add you as a collaborator.
Instagram: Follow TEC_21 so you can enjoy the fun pics taken at our workshop centers from year to year.
4. Global Read Aloud begins October 1, 2018
5. My Take : SAMR
1. Introduction to Google+ communities:
2. Intro to the basics:
3. Get onboard the TEC21 Educators Google+ Community:
You can join our community by using this link: TEC21 Educators
4. Add a button to your menu bar so you have QUICK & EASY access to the TEC21 Educators community and our monthly agendas.
I have tried many; these have stuck:
Nimbus Screen shot(and more)
Web of Trust
Google cast for Education
What aspects of Digital Citizenship need to be addressed using Google+ and Google Forms?
An app and website that gives you the “approved” translation for free and with a very small footprint on my phone. New chrome books can add android apps so the Bible is one click away.
A much more engaging alternative to spending time in Extra math. Student will go here in their free time!
My favorite weekly reader site! But I love all that the Smithsonian has to offer! Your tax dollars at work, in a good way. Grade or Lexile level based readings. Lesson plans, discussion guides! Each weekday, they scour the internet for age-appropriate news stories that will interest students in Grades 1-12, then invite them to take quizzes or post comments. All quiz scores are delivered automatically to teachers. All comments are approved by their teachers. All comments are approved by their teachers before they are published.
Three classes for free(I have 55 in one class). You have your own school site! It is still motivating after 5 years! New lessons this year! Point, stars, levels , badges, games, as well as, lessons and practice. You do not need to go elsewhere for typing skills training!
Alice show you how to turn your paper handout or worksheet into a digital copy using your phone, Google Keep, Google Docs and Google Classroom.
Is a place for adult writers to get feedback and suggestions, but their writing prompt calendar give you excellent suggested writing prompt you can use with your students. One for every day of the month for the past ten years. So if the one for today is not good for your class pick one from the weekend … or last month… or last year!
September 19th is International Pirate Day, but you can engage your learners all year long with pirate activities. Students can learn science, math, geography, history, culture, citizenship, and more by studying famous pirates.
Oh, yes it is! A web page devoted to scat. From the Minnesota Zoo!
My web site! Where I keep track of hundreds of teaching related links and digital resources!
Lunch Hour at 11:30am/Back to Work at 12:30pm
1. Implement something you’re taking away from today’s session (i.e. a student-created project, a resource, a tool, an instructional strategy, an organizational practice, etc.). It can be learner-centered, teacher-centered or a combination of both. Come ready to share your experience when we meet again in October!
2. Make your first post to the TEC21 Educators Google+ community. As a result, we will connect, share, inspire, grow, and support one another making our Lutheran schools thrive!
3. Again, with the words connect, share, inspire, grow, and support in mind, identify one person on your faculty and be a resource to them between now and October’s session.
If the embedded form isn’t cooperating with your device, you can also complete the form HERE.
web site: markhess.info
email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Facebook: Mark Hess